• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Back to Bronco

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

ya got some plates behind those 8 phillips head screws I C.
Think you’ll use them to reinforce/hang the tire carrier?

They are just rubber compression well nuts to plug the holes since I don’t plan to run a spare tire carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
i run a smaller, lighter tire there 'that fits’ to
get me home in cases of aflat. Never needed
so there for looks and as a ‘representation’.

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

Dropped her with my mechanic last week to address a laundry list of issues to get ready for the summer - todays update:

- Stalling issue has been diagnosed (the primary reason I took it in) - it turns out the fuel pump is losing ground from the ProFlo4 ECU so he talked with Edelbrock and they suggested adding a switched dedicated ground - that issue is resolved without needing a new module
- Seal kits are en route to address a PS pump leak and t-case leak
- Replacement oil pan had to be ordered due to a small crack at the dip stick tube - kind of a win as far as oil leaks go
- Fixed a bad ground and replaced the flasher switch to resolve double flashing front signals and a inop marker light
- Fixed leaking rear shaft seals
- Welding up a small exhaust leak at the collector
- Fixed a worn spark plug wire

I’ll be lucky to leave with a bill under $3k (mostly labor) - wish I had the time, equipment, and knowledge to do the work myself, but at least I know it will be buttoned up and ready for warm weather.

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

I’m considering adding some Explorer side stripes to distract from a little wavyness in the door skins - any votes for white, matte black, or it will look horrible don’t do it? Also, anyone with photo editing skills that wants to play around with showing these side stripes on my rig?
82a143cbf29c7ceb86211b1fc697efd9.jpg

08f3315a44c7a64932570c91c8f99289.jpg

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
-not a body man-
Wont that add to the wavy?
rather than distract the eye?
BTW: it looks fine to me. It IS a bronk after all so perfection is not (in my mind) desriable. I’d say
“Paint it a light color, have flair color match body color...
(but it aint mine)

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

-not a body man-
Wont that add to the wavy?
rather than distract the eye?
BTW: it looks fine to me. It IS a bronk after all so perfection is not (in my mind) desriable. I’d say
“Paint it a light color, have flair color match body color...
(but it aint mine)

Thanks chrlsful - you might be right, but the wavy metal is limited to the front edge / hinge area so I was thinking the stripes might be enough added distraction to fool the eye - that said, I’m likely the only person that notices the deflection so maybe it isn’t worth it and it’s not like the rest of the paint/body is perfect anyhow.

Eventually I want to do a full repaint (probably boxwood with matched flairs), but the stripes would be a temporary band-aid.

Last edited:

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
“... would be a..."
yup, more detail = better answers. Sooo...
I think ur correct, it could, eh?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

Finally got her back from the mechanic after an extended effort to diagnose/fix the stalling issue (ended up being a failing fuel sump pump that was overheating and shutting off) and addressing a few other issues. Also got the classic consoles center console bolted in tonight - great fit/look/comfort. Now she is running strong and ready for the season…hopefully no more major downtime until the fall. Cheers all.

7c575e89dbd407dfc82b69f1a30e76ed.jpg

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
I like that better’n tuffy. Looks familiar w/the 2 silver cup holders, what is it...

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
dont like how they did the cup holders, do like their lowest rise model, not the price. But...
beggars cant B choosers’n have the era correct (aahahaha) Igloo. Makin an 80s omage
(my last bronk rest0mod) to the vehicle (external sun visor, KC HiLiGHTS, katus Smasher,
KbarS stickers, etc)

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

I really liked that console…..until I saw the $$$$. I’m thinking I’ll just build one myself.

Randy

I hesitated to pull the trigger because of the $$, but I didn’t find any other options I liked and eventually it was on sale on CJ Pony for ~$250 so I talked myself into it

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

dont like how they did the cup holders, do like their lowest rise model, not the price. But...
beggars cant B choosers’n have the era correct (aahahaha) Igloo. Makin an 80s omage
(my last bronk rest0mod) to the vehicle (external sun visor, KC HiLiGHTS, katus Smasher,
KbarS stickers, etc)

Look forward to seeing some pics!

OP
OP
Schloer2

Schloer2

Stopped by a cars & coffee this morning and might have found a new favorite paint color - cross between boxwood and nardo gray

da19afc041afebd93cfd06fb1e77fedf.jpg