• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Back to Chrome Yellow?

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
My rig was originally Chrome Yellow and I've been toying with going back to the stock color. Anyone got pics of theirs in original chrome yellow? I don't know, I know I would get more attention with a bright yellow Bronco, but not really too sure I want this kind of attention. Ideas?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Now you should know I'm going to reply to this question ;D . I like it. I don't know why but that color isn't as wild looking as it would seem. I get a ton of compliments from OLD people as well as younger people. Mine isn't exactly chrome yellow but very close. There are a few color choices that don't look too bad with it either, black, white, tan, grey, all look pretty good with that color. Check my pages www.2badrotties.classicbroncos.com for pics.

Here are a couple ...

Attachments

• bronco girl guptils.jpg
    bronco girl guptils.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 103
  • my bronco with soft top.jpg
    my bronco with soft top.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 60
  • bronco and dogs small.jpg
    bronco and dogs small.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
My Bronco was actually special ordered in Chrome Yellow when new. I couldn't wait to change it to something more subdued, like light gray-green...

I got pretty tired of the "School Bus" comments. Here's a couple pics of before and one after.

Attachments

• 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 41.JPG
    41.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 40.JPG
    40.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 38

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
I am with 2bad on this one. Been thinking about paint on mine and really like the new volkswagen color "Harvest Moon" A very subtle tannish orange color I think it would look really good on a stock Bronco, like mine.
TOFIC

ghost66

Bronco Guru
You should paint her whatever color fits, I personally like bright beach type colors, yellow, orange, lime green, etc... mine is dupont ford chrome yellow

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
here was a original yellow chrome truck, it became a metallic wedgewood blue.

Attachments

• DSC00684.JPG
    DSC00684.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 161

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
Yellow rocks!!!! I was thinking about going to a darker color and then decided to stick with yellow because it has grown on me and looks real good on the truck. I also had a 94 F-150 that I painted chrome yellow when I was 17 and that looked sharp as hell!!!! Here some pics for ya.

Attachments

• Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 22

66horse

Bronco Guru
All i have to say is that chicks dig chrome yellow.

Jen25.jpg