• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baja Claw TTC, Maxxis Trepador

bronccar

I was down to the Cooper STT Pros and the Baja MTZ for my build but I love the look of the Claw and the Trepador.

I will be doing rocks, mud, some driving around town / cruising.

I just worry that the directional tires will suck on the road.

Thanks!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Treps are cool but if your going to spend much time on the road get the radials not the bias-plys.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
My rig hasn't seen much road time, but my radial treps seem to ride really smooth and i haven't balanced them. Maybe have all of ten miles on them and nothing over 45MPH yet. sure are a world of difference from the swampers it had on it LoL

Attachments

• DSCF1752.jpg
    DSCF1752.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1935.jpg
    DSCF1935.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF1739.jpg
    DSCF1739.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF1740.jpg
    DSCF1740.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF1742.jpg
    DSCF1742.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1746.jpg
    DSCF1746.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1748.jpg
    DSCF1748.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1750.jpg
    DSCF1750.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 46

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I have a set of the Cooper STT Pros in 35s, an older set of the STTs, and plan to get a set of the STT Pros in 40x13.50x17 now that they offer them. You could say I'm a big fan of them.

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

Thanks all.

Axlesup those pics may have done it - those look incredible!

Yup, I was planning on the radials.

Prizefighter, I swore I wouldn't own Coopers again after the ones on my F250 went to crap last year but I have heard great things about the Pros and the new compound.

I'll check out your gallery

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Cooper owns Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek and those two wear like iron....Maybe Cooper picked up some tricks from Thompson and Cepek.....

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Hard to go wrong with any of the modern recently updated radial tires, they all pretty much drive good on the highway and most work well off road.

a set of 43" Competition Treps just hit the dock for the new cone dodger we're working on. they are HUGE:eek::cool:

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

Hard to go wrong with any of the modern recently updated radial tires, they all pretty much drive good on the highway and most work well off road.

a set of 43" Competition Treps just hit the dock for the new cone dodger we're working on. they are HUGE:eek::cool:

Yeah so go ahead and post a pic of those and give me a complex why don't ya :p

;D

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Yeah so go ahead and post a pic of those and give me a complex why don't ya :p

;D

I can do that :p and yes their in the house and under the tree:cool: but these are for the bronco. The 43's will have to wait till tomorrow.
Stupid iPhone.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

So (I'm on my stupid phone lol) are those BFGS for Broncno or are they Treps as well?

Yes, that second picture looks like a giant R/C car to me which means it's perfectly bad assed.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
BFG'S for the Bronco, just like the set that were on it only new. I cheeped out, I had a new one in storage and bought 3 to complete the set. I never carry a full size spare. Spare tire off the trailer does everything a spare needs to and weighs 1/2 as much.

and yes it looks like a giant RC car, should go like one too, big tires, big portal axles, big power and light weight will do amazing things. Should weigh 3000# +/-100 when complete. And for reference that is a standard 31" truck tire on the trailer. And there's a 400hp LS, trans and transfercase hiding in that pic behind the tiny tire.