• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ballistic fab Chevy TieRod/DragLink kit = awesome

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Ballistic Fabrication Chevy Steering Kit:

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/Steering-Kit-Chevy-Tie-Rod-Ends_p_13-1338.html

I dont know a whole lot about the whole heim vs tie-rod debate but from what I do know the tie-rods are safer and for the price, this kit is beefy and has tons of flex on the drag link upper and lower.

293819289_STUot-L.jpg

293819370_VWvRN-L.jpg

many thanks to Jesse/Bronko69er for helping out with the install (OK - he basically did most of it) but it's a nice feeling knowing someone who really knows how to weld did the tube nut welds.

293819437_R24N7-L.jpg

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
I did the same upgrade last summer. Since then I've bashed it off a few rocks and it's still straight! Even got it hung up once with most of the front end weight being supported by the tierod.

Austin

Loc.
Monument, Colorado
what all did you have to do to the knuckles to get the new tie rods to fit? Im thinking about doing the same upgrade and just wondering how hard the install is.

OP
OP
DanWheeler

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
what all did you have to do to the knuckles to get the new tie rods to fit? Im thinking about doing the same upgrade and just wondering how hard the install is.

the knuckles and pitman arm just need to be reamed out. I didn't do the reaming but it seemed pretty straightforward and didn't take long at all.