• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

barn find 1969 sport

joshuar6447

Loc.
spotsylvania
So i need some help. i found a 1969 bronco which has been sitting in a garage for the last 20yrs the owner purchased it from the sun of an elderly man who passed away and the title was never found. anyone know a place to either a. get a vin and title for a 69 bronco. i really don't want to go thru the nut role of trying to do a salvaged title or abandoned vehicle. thanks in advance

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a feeling the owner may have to do a bit of paperwork.
Paperwork verifying the Father has passed.
Paperwork saying he is the executor of the estate , giving him the rights to the bronco , thus the rights to transfer its ownership.
Just guessing...

I'll bet the DMV can answer the question pretty easily , maybe check the DMV website.

By the way ....;D
ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

OP
OP
joshuar6447

joshuar6447

Loc.
spotsylvania
Bad part is I'm a 3rd party. Owners son sold it. Guy bought it let it sit for 10yrs. Now doesn't want do deal with it. I'm going to look into contacting the original seller and the Dmv. I live in VA where all the laws are jacked.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
So you either need to get a title from a bill of sale, or file for an abandoned title. Using a glove box door and title of another vehicle will cause more problems than you want if anyone ever checks the REAL vin on the frame.....

OR I'll drive out and take it off your hands and I'll deal with the title issues...;D

OP
OP
joshuar6447

joshuar6447

Loc.
spotsylvania
Hahaha yeah I'm probably going to do the abandon vehicle. But state law says you have to put it up for auction first. Anyone ever use its-title.com

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
There are company's that will do your title work for you. I think TN used to do bill of sale titles with no questions asked. A TON of hot rod's have been titled out of that state.... I even remember seeing an add in a hot rod rag once.

OP
OP
joshuar6447

joshuar6447

Loc.
spotsylvania
I found a couple that its-title.com and cartitlesforsale.com both are about 300 to 500 for a tittle. I just don't know if its legit

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I think TN laws are a bit easier to deal with. I too live in VA and I know it is much easier to get a kit car titled in TN than VA. I am having one done now and will just waltz my happy arse to the DMV with a TN title, pay the X-Fer fee and waltz out with new VA title and tag in hand. You may want to look into it.