• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baumann Optishift to run AOD-E, 4R70W (wide ratio AODE), 4R75, E4OD and 4R100

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Hello guys,

A member of this forum (Marco Flores) suggested I post this here. I was setting up a group buy for the Baumann TCS but they are now sold out. Baumann has now started production of the Optishift. In essence, it is a smaller, highly advanced version of the TCS.

The new Optishift controller out and available http://www.optishift.com/.

If anyone is interested, I managed to get Karl to drop the price to $460 from the list price of $610 with the harness for 6 or more buyers. At least count, there were 6. Let me know if you want to get on board. If the numbers get really high, I will ask Karl for a further price break.

If you do, pm me your contact information or email me at bkolic@aim.com. Thank you gentleman (and ladies?)

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Mavman427,

I have two members besides Marco (bronco loco?) in on the buy. That would appear to put us at 8 guarateed and two more that have not sent me contact info but said they wanted to buy. If we get a few more, I will see if I can massage Karl a little further on the price. Thanks guys.

Branko

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
So this comes with the wiring harness for the transmission???
What is happening with shipping on this? Is it going to you and then to us or direct to us?

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Tito,

Yes it will come with the harness. Karl just wants me to collect the names to show that you are part of the buy. Provide me with your specific application and contact information including a phone number where he can reach you.

He will then call you directly to arrange payment, shipping etc. and the product will be shipped to you directly from Baumann Engineering.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Me too, me too....I'm just glad you posted this mass buy here there are many of us who are interested on the 4r70w swap, hope many members get into this mass buy, Marco F.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
This is from the email Karl sent me. As long as your name is on the list, you can take a few weeks to make arrangements with Baumann. I let it run for awhile to get more mass. Going from 3 original buyers to 6 got us another $50 knocked off. If a few more commit to this, I will talk to Karl again. So far only three of you have sent me your contact info. If you wish to be included, I need your contact info. Send it to me via pm or to my email

"Branko,

If you can get at least three people together to buy units simultaneously, then we will gladly give you $100 off of the regular price of the whole system. If you have a few other buyers that want to buy a few weeks later, we are willing to give them the discount too, as long as you provide us with their name ahead of time. We can bill and ship separately too, so that you won't have to deal with all of the logistics of collecting money and distributing the units."

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Several of you have asked me to confirm that the harness is included. The answer is yes. The price is a package deal.

Directly from the horse's mouth (clever Bronco pun)

"Hello Branko,

Sorry for the delay! We are finally just now getting the new web site running at www.optishift.com . We still have a lot of work left to do on the web site, but at least you can view the product and learn the basics of it. Pricing depends upon the harness you need (GM harnesses are the least expensive to build, while the Ford 4R70W is the most expensive), and runs from $590 to $610 for a complete system with everything you need."

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
The GB price is discounted from the original price of $450 for the controller plus $160 for the harness or $610. We are currently at $460 or $150 off the total.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Mavman427,Tito and tonybronco123 I have sent you all pm's. I need your contact info if you are on board. Include your application, shipping address and a telephone number where Baumann can reach you. Thanks.

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Gentleman,

We are currently 12 confirmed with at least a half dozen fence sitters currently. I have contacted Karl to determine if there is possibly any more room in the price.

I have also asked Karl to try and ballpark shipping costs as a few have asked. We have people from California and Florida on board so that should nicely guesstimate price for those of you within the good ole USA.:)

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I found this statement on the website and wonder if these we are getting will have this feature.
" A built in tuning interface will be added in late September 2010, and will allow the most common settings to be changed without using a PC or laptop."

OP
OP
T

TheFlex

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
Gentleman,

Alright, this is the best I could do. We are now at $445. I believe that the controller's should have that feature robin.

Please read this carefully. I will let everyone know once I have sent the list to Karl (imminently) and you will then need to contact him and provide the specific info he has requested.

Remember that as long as your name is on the list, you will be included in the buy for those of us that may not yet have the transmission.

Directly from Karl.

"Hello Branko,

That sounds great. Thank you for your work in coordinating all of this!

At $150 off, our margins are beginning to get thin, but if you can get at least 12 buyers together, we can drop the price by another $15, which will cover UPS Ground shipping within the continental US. Since most of you are connected with the forums, we are more than willing to offer this group buy pricing for OptiShift as an introductory promotion. We will continue to offer group buy pricing in the future, but please note that out of fairness to our resellers, we cannot offer the same level of discounts on future group buys.

The only caveat is that we require all of the order details with address and billing info to be together and ready by October 5th, at the latest. We will be able to ship everything out shortly thereafter. Also, if you can get together a list of the transmission applications as soon as possible, then we can have everything ready for quick shipment. If you can have everyone email the order information listed below to me, then that would be great. Since email is not secure, it would be best to have everyone call or fax in their credit card info (card number, name, billing address, expiration date, and CVV code), instead of emailing it. Please have everyone provide the following information to get things started.

Order Information:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Name
Address
Phone Number
email
Desired shipping method
Transmission type
Transmission year
Transmission connector details:
For 4R70W, we need to know if the solenoid connector on the transmission itself is white or black, and if the 2-pin connector on the output shaft speed sensor is square or oval shaped.
For E4OD/4R100, we need to know if it has the early (2-latch) solenoid body connector, or the late, single-latch connector.
For all Fords, we need to know if it has an analog range sensor (aka. PRNDL switch), with 8 pins on the sensor, and 6 or 8 harness wires, or a digital range sensor, with 11 sensor pins and at least 9 harness wires.

Vehicle application and year
Engine type: EFI, carbureted, mechanical diesel, or electronic diesel.

Thanks again and have a great afternoon!

Best Regards,

Karl Baumann
Baumann Electronic Controls, LLC."