• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Bronco radius arms

Ss76bronco

Hi. I see that BC Bronco sells a radius arm that has an adjustment for caster. It also uses a heim joint instead of a rear bushing. Has anyone used these and have any feedback? Also, does this mean you can make an adjustment to eliminate any bronco lean? It looks like it does.

Thanks!

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haven’t used them but have been looking closely and considering
Yes adjustment for castor , you can dial the castor in with out the degreed RA bushings

Will not fix the, the lean is in the set up with the degrees bushings
When redoing my bronco I had to adjust my RA bushings by tightening them up and different ways about 5 times to get it to lay level on the garage floor.

OP
OP
Ss76bronco

Ss76bronco

Thanks.It seems as if the radius arm now has the ability to pivot off the front end then that would cure the lean. Isn't lean from the radius arms not being exactly parallel and even?

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one of the very first sets of these when they came out and still running them on my 73 together with the WAH. Yes, you can adjust out the lean but here's the deal, it's all how you get the radius arm bushings bolted up. When I first installed them I still had the lean and adjusted. When I had the alignment shop check it the caster was in spec but on the ragged each at the opposite side of the allowable on each side, so when you adjust the lean you are adjusting the caster, exactly wheat they are designed for. It has always drove fine, drives like a Bronco. I had the axle out once since then and bolted it back up and it was level and never checked it, still drives fine.

Bronco4x4

I have the BCB arms on my finished 69EB and my current project 71EB. I’m using them without the BCB Wristed Axle Housings (WAH). They do not correct lean without WAH. Think of the front axle as a rigid beam. You cannot adjust each side independently. The adjusments are made the same for each side. I set the caster adjustment the same for each side. When installing new C bushings, the BCB arms have to be set identical and put the axle on jack stands (same height) and have the arms touch the shop floor in parallel. Search for bronco lean threads for more info. I think the BCB arms are good. I like the idea of no drop brackets on the frame. I have the stock length arms. Duff does sell stock length T-Rex arms with caster correction built in. I think you will get less tire rub with the Duff arms on tight turns.