• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos 13" Drop Base Air Cleaner with 351W - how much body lift?

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
I am trying to figure out whether or not I have to go with a 1 or 2 inch body lift. I want to go with the smallest amount of lift possible.

I have a 351W with a performer intake and 4 bbl Carter AFB. With the 6" air cleaner that I found as a temporary replacement, it looks like I have 2.5" to play with with a stock BL. I have tried an air cleaner with a 2.75" net height from summit and it does not clear.:(

If I add a 1" BL, that will give me 3.5" to play with.

So, the questions...

1. Would the 13" drop base cleaner from Chuck work with this application? If someone could take some measurements and tell me the net height from the carb flange, that would be awesome.
2. Are there any other offset air cleaners (from other companies) that are dropped which would work on a 4 bbl carb?

I can't fit a 14" cleaner because it hits the larger dizzy cap I put on.
I don't want to modify the hood either.
Thanks for the input...

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
On our 66 we have the same motor/carb/intake set up. I swapped to an edelbrock elite triange air cleaner and it cleared fine. I had to run the triangle to clear the DUI dist. Since then I added a 1" B/L to clear some other stuff.