• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ BC Broncos diff breather

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
City: Phoenix
Years ago BCB made a diff breather assembly (PN 28-50000) that had 4 inputs with a single filter on top. I haven't had a chance to ask them about it yet but I don't find it online on their website or any other mention of it anywhere, for that matter. I'm interested in purchasing one if someone happens to have one laying around their parts pile.

Thanks,
Todd Z.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I recall it being an aluminum block drilled to accept barbed fittings. Likely fairly easy to build if you had too.
But yes I haven't seen that item in awhile.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I recall it being an aluminum block drilled to accept barbed fittings. Likely fairly easy to build if you had too.
But yes I haven't seen that item in awhile.
It was either an aluminum block or machined delrin or something like that.

Todd Z.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Here ya go TZ. This ones expensive at $34 but ebay, McMaster all have em.
Alum block, hollowed out, ported/tapped.

I think I paid 8 bucks after I made one back when I was running 5 gear boxes.

Attachments

• 20240915_210625.jpg
    20240915_210625.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here ya go TZ. This ones expensive at $34 but ebay, McMaster all have em.
Alum block, hollowed out, ported/tapped.

I think I paid 8 bucks after I made one back when I was running 5 gear boxes.
Thanks - that might be a good option! I was looking at things last night trying to figure out out to adapt the BSP fittings to everything but maybe I should just ditch those for regular barbed hose fittings.

Todd Z.

nvrstuk

Contributor
You can get some really cool shrink on material (thinking of name) that clamps the hose on tight enough for 15psi+ .

I'll try to find it then it's a clean look without the hose clamps.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
You can get some really cool shrink on material (thinking of name) that clamps the hose on tight enough for 15psi+ .

I'll try to find it then it's a clean look without the hose clamps.
Let me know what you find - that sounds like those Gates/Napa heat shrink pieces that some hot rodders use for the ends of their radiator hoses. PowerGrip is the brand name, I believe.

Todd Z.

nvrstuk

Contributor
THERE YA GO!!! :)

Those will work and look clean if you don't hide the breather(s) like I did. Also, there shouldn't be any pressure since it's a vent so if it takes a good push to get the hose over the barb you won't need anything.

You'll get a clean looking setup figured out. You don't run my bumper sticker that says "...cause pretty ain't enough". lol