• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos rear disc question.....?

jimmy18thing

I have recently bought a rear disc kit from BC broncos... I am having problems with the caliper bracket mounting up parallel to the rotor.... From what I can tell it doesn't seem like a big difference.... around like 1/16th of an inch... Do I just bend the bracket some... or is there something wrong with my axle flange... It seems to be the same on both sides... Suggestions please??

Also .... does anyone even know what the distance between the bracket and rotor should be?

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I have recently bought a rear disc kit from BC broncos... I am having problems with the caliper bracket mounting up parallel to the rotor.... From what I can tell it doesn't seem like a big difference.... around like 1/16th of an inch... Do I just bend the bracket some... or is there something wrong with my axle flange... It seems to be the same on both sides... Suggestions please??

Also .... does anyone even know what the distance between the bracket and rotor should be?
Do not bend the brackets. It seems like an easy fix and I have tryed but is doesn't work also if you bend them I will not take them back.
Give me a call, its toll free. Most of the time the problem is the axle housing flange back side is warped or you did not clean it enough to get the bracket to set flat, sometimes it takes a lot. Tech is part of the deal so give me a call