• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bent roof support fix ?

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw this pic in another thread and realized that I have the exact same issue with mine.

How does one go about repairing these ?
Do they come out somehow ? I've never really looked.

Attachments

• bent roof bow.jpg
    bent roof bow.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
HoosierDaddy,
It depends, some of the roof supports were spot welded in place to a bracket and some were actually bolted in to be adjusted.

Look at the side and you will see it right away.

On my first top I just used a 2x4 on a floor jack BUT put down a sheet of plywood under the jack. You might push the floor down instead of fixing the roof support.

In that top I actually made extra sheet metal brackets on the sides and installed 3 extra roof supports. It really made it alot more stable and stopped the "highway rumble."

If you want, I might have an extra set of roof supports in the shed, email me and I'll send you pics on how I installed them.

Good luck!
Chris
taipeichris13@yahoo.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chris's pics ;

Attachments

• 11-09-08_1538 (Large).jpg
    11-09-08_1538 (Large).jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC03373 (Large).JPG
    DSC03373 (Large).JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC03375 (Large).JPG
    DSC03375 (Large).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC03376 (Large).JPG
    DSC03376 (Large).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 71

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Thanks for posting those pics, I almost forgot about this. Did you still want the roof supports? Someone else might be interested in them too.
Chris

Trigger

Thanks for posting those pics, I almost forgot about this. Did you still want the roof supports? Someone else might be interested in them too.
Chris

If you had extra's I would definetely be interested. If not I might try to make my own.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Thanks Mark!

It was a cool top, the supports were adjustable so you could get the top very quiet, no more road thunder on the highway.

C-