• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best bet for a family cage

RB70bronco

Loc.
Port Huron, Michigan
Wanting to get a 6 point family cage just really dont know what to get. I would like to get one built but shipping would just be too much, so I am thinking a kit that needs to be welded would be best for me. Trying to find out what is available and what works best.

75Bronc

I would check out broncobob.com. I bought a cage from him and welded it up, he has good prices, good quality, and shipping isn't outrageous. I bought the family 8 point but he sells a 6 point and even a 4 point.

meech

Loc.
Seattle
just bought a cage from broncobob (great guy)- was delivered this morning fully welded. he's based out of oregon (i'm in seattle), so the shipping wasn't too bad. i didn't have the expertise for welding so figured it would be cheaper to have shipped than pay for someone to weld for me ... plus, i didn't have the hassle factor of getting it to/from a welder- delivered and ready to go. dropping it in this weekend! :)

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I'm with the others BroncBob is great he delivered my cage and bumpers for next to nothing but I'm in Oregon he does sell a kit that has been tack welded together and marked then broke back down so shipping and reassembly are easier so check him out

nemo

Loc.
Brighton
Just got mine last week from Mike at Extreme Custom Fab got the 6point family with kickers
have to have it welded up but everything looks good, fast shipping too shipping cost was not to bad $ 100 shipped to ups fright terminal

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
Protofab

I got their family cage and love it. Great guys. I also have their bumpers, tire & cooler racks, and shock hoops.

skifast

Loc.
Sandhills, NC
Extreme Custom Fab is shipped from I believe Dubuque, Iowa so that might save you on shipping costs over one sent from the West Coast.

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
Who will be selling them at the swap meet? I called Mike and he said they do not plan on being there

What I meant was to:

- First, go to the swap to see if anyone is selling a family cage.
- If no one is selling one at the meet, then call Mike K.
- You could also call JBG, to see if they are open on Saturday to stop by if you don't find one at the swap.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Crab Cage

m_40cdcb7f4e7824dcc94f51805659fa8e.jpg

m_4cc11b9eb8f238314ed5a57cb4ba5773.jpg

13below0

Loc.
Erie PA
Check around for local race car builder and fab shops. Honestly I have been in the chassis business for awhile now and pre built cages wont come close to having a cage built to your specs. But remember you get what you pay for.

bwilson293

Loc.
Clarkston
Hey RB, I live about an hour from you, I had a family cage shipped from a vendor about a year ago and had a custom welder in the area weld it up for me. X2 on 13belows suggestion of going with a custom builder. After mocking the family cage up I realized it was not made for someone of my height (6'4''). So after welding extensions to each leg, having a bar welded behind the front buckets for an attachment point for harnesses, and having it tied into the frame, I would have probably saved a bit of money by having it custom made. The end result of my cage is excellent just took the long route to get there. PM me if you need a number of a good welder who also custom makes the cages for his dune buggies. Although I am sure there are plenty of good welders in the port huron area. Also check out the tabs he integrated for windshield supports in my pics. Good Luck.