• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best bronco cover?

laidbback

Loc.
Los Angeles
I am in the market for a cover for my bronco. I found one at toms, but just looking for other options. I want a snug fitting one for my 68.

OneTonGoldfish

Loc.
san marcos, tx
i have a "66-77 bronco cover" i got off ebay for $70 shipped. It is 4-5 layer and 100% water proof. It doesnt match the body exactly but it has elastic and fits real nice under/around the bumpers. I just couldnt see spending $130 MORE for a shaped cover....

pm me if you want the ebayers account name. fast shipping too, I had it within 4 days of buying

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
Tom's all the way. Kinda pricey ($250) but you get what you pay for. Couldn't be happier with mine.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Original owner of mine sprung for a custom made cover....much like the expensive one from LMC. It is VERY nice and has worked great the few times I've needed to use it. Of course, being "custom", it has the original owner's name & phone number embroidered on the driver's side window area which kind of bugs me or I might use it more often.

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Anyone know where I can get a cover that just goes over top, bed, and doors? Just something for the summer storms that pop up while you're at work with the top down.

Bituman

Loc.
Phoenix Mtn Preserve
I have owned two from Toms. Up side is that the backing is easy on your paint. Down side is that both ended up being permeable to water, and the first one started shedding part of the backing after about a year. I ended up buying a cover from California Car Covers and they are really good. They have different types of covers for different applications. I bought a Cal Cover Storm Weave model for my 74 EB and it doesn't leak, even after two years in AZ sun. I use the newer Tom's under the Cal Cover. They actually don't recommend that due to the possibility of condensation, but here in AZ that's not a big deal. Anyway, check out Cal Car Covers. I also bought covers from them for my old P-car and new Tundra. Obviously I am a big believer in their covers.

Bob

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I'm on my second Covercraft Evolution cover. The problem is they don't shed water. They keep dirt and bird pooter off pretty well. But at $220 I thought it was pretty steep. I needed one this winter to keep the rain off it so I bought the one from Wild Horses. Just like in the photo, it leaves the wheels exposed but fits the body really nice. It sheds the rain real well too. I carry the spare tire inside so I can't tell you how your spare will fit. It's a bargain for under $80. I thought about buying another cause they are just going to go up.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product.../bronco_covers

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
saddleup's was good when you got them.

attachment.php