• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best bronco cover?

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
alright, I just moved and I don't have a shop or a garage until my other house sells.......my damn bronco is getting a little too much "patina" where I don't want it. so who makes a water proof cover that will hang down far enough to cover a lifted bronco?

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
Steer clear of the one LMC sells. I bought one last fall for my bronco. I went to use it this past friday , it had never been out of the box. Aside from not fitting well at all it also came conveniently torn in three different places.

Seattle66

Contributor
I have had the one that TBP sells for about 3 years now. Its works well and fits good. Although I do use a blue tarp over it that comes down just over the back, about half way down on the hood, and down to the door handles on the side. Unless the cover is plastic like a tarp or its Gore-tex it aint really waterproof.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
ive had the one from toms for about two years and it is starting to fall apart a little bit. I believe a lot of it has to do with the fact that my neighbors sprinklers get it wet every day.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
All of the vendor covers are about the same. I've used several and have 2 covers I purchased from Empire covers. One for my 78 and raptor. The EB lives inside because it will fit. The covers are used everyday and last about 3 years then they just kinda start falling apart. They are only water resistant for about 6 months and then they soak up the water like a sponge. The covers cost about $300 each. Buy a good cover but dont expect it to last forever or be waterproof.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have one from wild horses and it fits really good. It has seen some major wind storms and not come off or ripped. It is not water proof but it does keep the sun and dirt off well. As other have said if I was going to store a bronco out side for a long period of time I would also put a tarp over the cover.

67RT

Bronco Guru
WH cover is MONEY. By far best cover I have ever had, including expensive muscle car covers. We had 3" of rain the other day. I popped cover off hood and it was bone dry! The front was cupped a little and when I pulled it about a gallon of water that was trapped poured on my foot. It breathes, unlike a tarp.. Do not tarp your truck. It will trap moisture and rust it out...
With my spare tire on back fit is very tight, and a strong wind, I mean gust of 40, took it off. It does come with a strap to tie under vehicle, which was not on when it fell off.
No brainer...

OP
OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
thanks yall, with the price being what it is and everyone saying that they are having similar luck out of it as the more expensive ones I'm gonna pull the trigger on the wh cover.

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
Good call on the WH cover. I lived in DC for a couple of years, and had my rig out in the snow and rain. The WH cover works great. While it isn't waterproof, it does breathe well. Even after a hard rain, take the cover off the next day, and water spots are limited.

wepuckett

Thanks for the thread as I won't need to research it now when I get the body back on mine.

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
I got mine from Walmart. They sell some pretty nice ones for like $50 and has lasted a almost 2 years so far. The one I got is for a medium SUV and covers well. Homeowners association made me cover it while I rebuild. Hopefully it will not need it for much longer.

MeyerzBronco

a3u8e9yd.jpg

Make your own.

bosshoff

Contributor
MeyerzBronco

There used to be a guy on here who made a cover just like that, Saddle-something;D

Seriously, just joking. For the new guys, He is a crook.

MeyerzBronco

There used to be a guy on here who made a cover just like that, Saddle-something;D

Seriously, just joking. For the new guys, He is a crook.

10-4. Couldn't find a place to buy one, so my father-in-law and I made one using sunbrella material. Very expensive , but this stuff lasts forever.