• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Compliment Ever

bronconate

Loc.
Edgewater
So I have had some good compliments on my truck, some really nice ones, but none like the one tonight. While surfing around the website I realized I needed to run to the local quick stop real quick. So I hop in the Bronco and get on my way. When I pull up, Im parked next to an F150 lifted up real nice with pretty tires and rims and the like. Its got one guy driving and every other seat is filled up with a bunch of girls all dressed up like they are headed to the club. Well one of the girls goes to get in the truck and looks over at the bronco and says " that is the cutest little truck" No, that is not the best compliment ever, keep reading. So the girl makes her little truck comment and the driver of the truck turns around and says "HEY, thats a BRONCO you dumb B**CH!!!" Now I would never agree with talking to a woman that way being I have a saint of a mother and an angel of a wife, it was just to funny to hear someone say it with such a "how dare you!!" tone of voice. Kinda nice cuz sometimes I feel like saying that exact line to people that call it a..... you guessed it......JE*P. Thought you guys might like it, of course, some of you may not. So go back in time and dont read this;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Great story and compliment :cool:

I've had a few as well over the years and still get a kick out of them :cool:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
There was a rally with alot of local fishermen today at our State Capital Building because of some issues with Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) trying to close down an offshore island to fishing. I couldn't participate but we did have time to drive by in the yellow77.
We pulled up honking the horn and the whole crowd came to the egde of the sidewalk in the front of the Capital Building with their bells and cheers.. It was a site to see. Taz looked over to me and say's, Dad, they all recognize this truck!..

techlaf

Contributor
My boss was gone last week so I got to park my Bronco in his garage spot. We had a daytime Christmas party and lots of people bring their kids since they're off from school. One of my coworker's 16yr old saw my truck in the garage and had to come and tell me she thought it was the "coolest truck she'd ever seen!" A little dramatic, but it made me smile.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I was in picking up some stuff for Christmas last week and the police officer directing traffic walked over to me and said he really liked the restoration. We talked a bit and then he put me in a primo parking space.

MattW

I had just hauled mine home from picking it up in Tennessee. Spent the next two days going over it, changing fluids, adjusting the clutch, brakes and what not. Took it around the neighborhood on its maiden voyage and had a guy follow me home asking if I wanted to sell it. Thought about it, but I was already hooked at that point.

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
Was at the gas sation putting fuel into the Bronco. A 4 door Buick regal pulls up next to me it's full of pimple faced young men. Then one rolls down a window and says :DDude:D that's a nice Jeep! Is it new?%)

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I lent mine to my son to drive to his job at a local restaurant... whenever he parks it out back, the dishwashers and cooks go out the back door to admire it and tell him 'que chingon' it is!

MI-Bronco

great to hear about folks who know these trucks...

I've had some work done on the house lately by some trades guys (Obama $'s for windows).

The truck is covered with it's winter blanket in the garage (it's d*mn cold here)..
but these guy all said "nice Bronco" when I opened the garage door...

first thing I always say is.. thanks for recognizing that it's a Bronco...

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Had a cop pull up to me in Venice beach and signaled to roll down my window, thought it was ticket time for loud bronco but he said " nice truck, want to trade" referring to the cop car. I said "does it have 4 wheel drive" Was nice to have a positive encounter with the law for once.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
walked in to a conv store to pay for gas an told the young girl behind the counter 25 on pump 2, to which she said 25 for the bronco? I said yes an thought hmmmm there might just be hope for the youth of today.

OP
OP
B

bronconate

Loc.
Edgewater
Phred and Grillmaster, you guys remind me, a couple months ago, I got pulled over by two bike cops. I was pissed because i knew I wasnt doing anything wrong. They walk up to the truck and say "just wanted to tell you nice truck and check it out" My attitude changed, haha

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
MI-Bronco;1468016 I've had some work done on the house lately by some trades guys (Obama $'s for windows). .[/QUOTE said:
'Splain how the obama money for windows works.

I have seven widows that are 5 feet x 7 feet single pane double sliders.

HAve most of them covered in plastic (on the inside so the neighbors cant see it)

MI-Bronco

'Splain how the obama money for windows works.

I have seven widows that are 5 feet x 7 feet single pane double sliders.

HAve most of them covered in plastic (on the inside so the neighbors cant see it)

not to hijack - but -

if you replace windows / furnaces / insulation / doors?? with energy efficient models you can get 30% of the material cost back on your taxes up to $1,500. It's a tax credit - not a deduction, so it's like money in the pocket. Say you wouldn't owe any taxes - you still get the $1,500 as I understand it. But, I think it runs out at the end of this year....

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I always get, "I used to have one of those."

I just got the same statement from one of my neighbors.

I haven't driven my truck in ten years but it gets plenty of attention. Recently, we finished our garage so I was pushing the bronco from the shed to the new garage. We had to use the road to get the bronco over and a bunch of people slowed down to check her out. Another time I just pulled the bronco out to clean the garage. A lifted chevy drove by and my wife said "I think they were checking out the bronco. I bet that they turn around." She was right the two guys and I talked for a little bit. Man I can't wait to get her on the road!