• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best donor rear seat belts?

77bronocman

I'm going go out to Pull-A-Part later this week and look for some donor shoulder belts for my kids in the back seat. I've got Tom's fold and tumble w/ head rests in the back. I've already welded tabs on my roll cage.

Anybody found a donor vehicle that works really well in the back of the Bronco? Any that don't work at all? I plan to look at Explorers and other SUVs. They will have most every make and model there and cheap!

Thanks in advance.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Don't waste time looking for the "best" anything. Find something that works, and go with it until you find something better. Take measurements from your truck, and bring the tape measure into the JY.

DanHall

Loc.
Pueblo, CO

Lennardlector

Contributor
I used to run eBay brand/NOS humvee belts on all my projects till one of my buddies got into an accident and even though it wasn't his fault he had a hell of a time trying to get the "person at faults" insurance company to cover his medical bill due to his "Offroad only" eBay brand belts.

After that did some research, even looked up humvee belts and although they are up to par by Federal standards they are not DOT approved so take it as you will.

I ordered front and rear sets from seatbeltplanet. They are DOT approved 50 states and provide all styles for buckles, color webbing, etc. yes they are a bit spendy compared to eBay brand but like I said before its only your life. You do of course have to mount these correctly as well, I.e. buy their correct grade 8 bolts and mount in factory or close to factory setup.

I have a front set in grey that I purchased last year. It's 3 point shoulder style that is manual adjust. Have above 4 hours/3000 miles sitting time in em so they are basically brand new. Comes with 12 inch hard buckle. Paid $45 each will sell pair for 70 shipped if you're interested. They work great but the wife kept complaining about having to adjust and when I came home one day I had a new set of retractable belts waiting!!

Installing tmrw.

Here's the site: https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/