• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best floor replacement for stock restore

rockchuk

Loc.
Covington, WA
I have a 66 and I was wondering what the best floor pans would be for a stock replacement. They are rusted out just in the joint where the floor ends running horizontal an the fire wall begins. The typical spot on both sides. Want it to look original because the rest of the Bronco is total original. Never been rebuilt. Only been painted once.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I liked the Dennis Carpenter Reproductions pans. They were well make, accurate, look totally stock and fit very well. See Bronco Driver magazine for a tech article (a few issues back)

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
I also got the Dennis Carpenter DS floorboard in my Bronco now. Looks factory and I'm not a body dood and managed to get it in OK. Still need to finish it off though. I also had a few minor mods to the floorboard before it would seat in 100%. But, take your time and do it right. Don't get over zealous when you are cutting out the old floorboards. I did mine in chunks. So far soo good.

Got pics somewhere, I'll have to send them to someone to post for me. ;D

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Just an FYI, but when I was trying to orchestrate the weatherstripping mass buy, the rep at DC stated that they purchased their sheet metal from JBG. He could have been full of hot air, but that was what sent me to JBG for my steel.

Good luck!

OP
OP
R

rockchuk

Loc.
Covington, WA
floor

Thanks. I am wondering if I can section the panel. There is only about 1 1/2" on each side of the seam that is rusted away. When I built my 67 it was a wheeler and I used 16 guage and cut out the whole floor out and replaced it. It almost seems better to just replace what I have to?