• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best reverse rotation fan to use

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I have searched a few pages and have yet to find an answer to my question. Whats the best reverse rotation fan to use on a serp set? No room for a clutch fan. Is there an AC fan that will bolt directly to the water pump and fit? Hes looking at getting more air flow across the radiator with out installing an electric fan.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Derele and Flex-a-lite make what they call a "Race" fan. They move A LOT of air and are NOT Flex Fans. 17" Reverse Rotation. Works with Stock Fan shroud with minor trimming if any.

You will ned a 1/2"-1" spacer as well depending on application.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Not enough room for a clutch! Believe me I tried, there just isn't a short enough clutch. I have 1/4" spacing from the AC compressor and about 3/4" from the radiator

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Maybe you could make an adapter to mate the explorer plastic (or metal) clutch fan to the standard waterpump. Of course, you would omit the clutch itself and just use the adapter. The explorer fan moves a lot of air and it is pretty quiet from what I can tell.

You can see the plastic fan here:
Fig_2-426x500.jpg

You can buy the motorcraft fan from rockauto for like $56.

Eric