• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best seats for rear access?

LawNerd

Loc.
Tampa
What are the best front seats to be able to access the rear bench? I have two kids and will need to put them in the back seats all the time. So I'd like front seats that slide and tilt forward with maximum access to the rear.

Would that be the original stock seats? Or are there aftermarket seats and brackets that provide the best access possible?

Thanks!!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
The stock seats are best for access unless you can fab tilting brackets. I've never seen aftermarket seats that provide better access.

OP
OP
LawNerd

LawNerd

Loc.
Tampa
Assuming I go with aftermarket instead of stock, what would be the best seats to use for access to the rear? And any links to tech tips on building a good bracket to permit access (at least via the front passenger seat)?

Thanks

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
I bought the toms seats I'm going to fab up a folding latch when I get time. The front are already on swivels just need to build a latch for the rear

backpain

Bronco Guru
If accessing with a top on, low backs are best. Does not matter who makes the seat there is only so far you can tilt the seat bottom forward before you hit the dash or windshield with a high back seat/headrest.

If you can make a jeep style mount that lifts and shifts rather than tilt, and still sits low enough or you lower the floor to accommodate, then you solve some of that problem.

If you need aftermarket high backs, then get one with a seat back that tumbles the lowest (i.e. can't have large side bolsters or seat bottom bolsters and must have full articulation in the hinge)

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I just put the kids over the side and through the bars of the family cage.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
You will want a low back seat that folds forward for good access, anything tall, even if its reclining, will hit the dash/windshield/rollbar. I'm going to get around it by putting the rear seat in backwards, for access from the tailgate, but I don't know how safe that is for kids.

Somethign like that titan seat might work, but its fairly low back as well.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Actually the Titan Front seats are big, comfy and even have arm rests but I got a great deal on 08 GT Mustang seats instead.

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Maybe a mount that folds sideways with the top of the passenger seat folding behind the drivers seat?

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I have been spending a good bit of time in the Pullapart looking for seats that give good access to the rear. Explorer Sport vehicles have some good options. But just about any 2 door with a back seat will have some good options. Plus you can get these very cheap and have them recovered how ever you like. All of these typically have the ability to slide the seat forward and tilt, with release arm on side and back. Just an option for ya.

Scott

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Stock front passenger seat on my last 71 folded up pretty good towards the front...

Or you could always mount 2 rear seats pointed backwards.. I've seen that before w/folks wheeling w/their little kids..

Jeepers304

Loc.
Henderson,LA
Looking fir the same solution and with the family cage it's going to be tough the jeep Cj pass side tilt would work but bracket would have to be cut too much

66 bronco bl

i used bronco 2 pass side works fine . I use back seat in summer with soft top easy acsess to rear seats

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Stock passenger side seat is the best for folding to make access to the backseat. IMO.

jack250r

Loc.
Booneville, MS
has anyone noticed the seats in the chevy HHR? Next time i go to junk yard i will try to get pics. they are pretty cool.

Bradsp8

Just a thought........My 95 Acura Legend has a non electric passenger seat that not only folds over but when it does it slides forward, spring loaded. Not sure about fit but would think the dual action of folding and sliding forward would help.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
Explorer seats. My son still likes to climb through the back like it's a jungle gym though.

Attachments

• P1020742.jpg
    P1020742.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 63
  • P1050766.jpg
    P1050766.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 64
  • P1050765.jpg
    P1050765.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 63