• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Steering Column Setup?

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
It's getting time to redo my steering setup and I've been researching tilt columns and straight columns from this company and that. Trying to piece together which way I should go.<br><br>What are all the Bronco Gods running and how do you like it. Column with or without tilt? Which Company? Slipshafts? Vibration Dampers? Etc.<br><br>Thanks all!

ponch0v

I have a auto/tilt column out of a '78 van. fits great and easy to install.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
I have an Ididit column in my 1956 F100. Tilt, chrome, very nice column. I plan on getting a tilt one for my bronco as well but with a slipshaft and probably just plain steel so I can paint it any color I want. The slip shaft is needed because otherwise the shaft would be solid with no play which would tear up the ujoints and box or column.

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I too have a 79 Van Tilt column. Cheap and easy to install. Just replace the mounting bracket with your bronco bracket, cut the shaft and add a flaming river set-up. If you have a 75-77 bronco the wiring plug is even the same. <br>Can send some picks of the install if you want to see it.<br>or e-mail me with questions.<br><br>Galen <br>galenwea@attbi.com

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
i have the chrome tilt ididit column in my bronco.found it at a junk yard in back of a 66` ford pickup.(was NIB) ;D.only paid $50.00 for it.

OP
OP
S

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
[quote author=sicaz66 link=board=5;threadid=12491;start=0#93132 date=1040362573]<br>i have the chrome tilt ididit column in my bronco.found it at a junk yard in back of a 66` ford pickup.(was NIB) ;D.only paid $50.00 for it.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Nice, trying to make me jealous?<br><br>Just looking for options, thanks all.

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
not really, if i were trying to do that i would tell you about my new motor ;D<br>it`s a nice column is all i was getting at. :p<br>