• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best verus cost for front axle shafts??

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I am need of a new right front axle shaft after a day of rockin'. Who has the best price for axle shafts?? I am thinking of getting another one that I can put the inside snap ring on instead of just the C clip. I like Warn, but cannot afford the price right now, after buying a 71 EB last week.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
I think the only cheap option you have is to get full width axle shafts and cut them down. Putting a full circle clip on them will help a lot. This is what I would do until you can save up money to buy some good axles.

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
The only problem I have is, nobody around here can cut and respline the axle for me. By the time I sent it out to have it done, I would be better off buying a "good" one. I was looking at Jeff's BG and he has a complete set up, heavy duty, inner and outer w/ Spicer 760 u-joint for $175. Looks like I will probably go this route for now.

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
You might check with Randy's Ring and Pinion. Their Yukon brand of axles are well made and reasonably priced. I use ther 35spline in the rear.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I have 2 complete sets of shortened and resplined as well machined for full circle clips F150 axles built. Ones in my junk and the other is the spares. When I bust the first set, the F150s will stay spares while I get superiors. I think these are better than the warns.

INPHOBIC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kansas City, KS
I second the yukon stuff. Really good product for the price. I wouldn't buy superior stuff again they really screwed me on my last order. It was just under $400 for the whole set. I also got the longfeild u-joints but I would like to have a look at the randy's ones too.
jake
ps: I buy mine from inland truck parts here in kansas city via Ron istas