• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Vintage AC unit for EB?

zfbailey23

Sooooo, my wife wants me to get an A/C unit in the 76 so that it’s more comfortable- I don’t exactly disagree with her, since we are moving from Illinois to Florida, and it would probably be useful. Anyone have opinions on which ones are the best?

And for the traditionalists who believe if the EB was meant to have an A/C in it, it would have come with one- I understand your position, but I value my wife’s above yours. I hope you understand.

Thanks everyone!

Zac,
‘76 Bronco owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Im only familiar with one which was Vintage air install from BC broncos. Several ways to go but it wasn't a bad install at all. It puts out a lot of air!

OP
OP
zfbailey23

zfbailey23

Thanks guys, I appreciate that. I know BC puts out some good stuff

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cannot find the vintage air on BC Bronco’s website. What is up with that?

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I cannot find the vintage air on BC Bronco’s website. What is up with that?

txhawkeye

I have the same works great, I ordered directly from vintage air though. I am in San Antonio a few times a month so picked it up directly from them.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For reference, I plan on putting my bulk head fittings on passenger side where I removed fresh air vent. I tried to give my self a little more room there.

Attachments

• A6D3D7DA-2529-4D66-99DA-22B6AC9EA3CA.jpeg
    A6D3D7DA-2529-4D66-99DA-22B6AC9EA3CA.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 63

Dfroman

I recently switched out the original BC/vintage air evaporator with the Gen IV unit from Vintage. the airflow is at least 30% more on high. I have the gen IV in another vehicle is why I made the switch. You will need to insulate the bronco in order for the A/C to be effective.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
For reference, I plan on putting my bulk head fittings on passenger side where I removed fresh air vent. I tried to give my self a little more room there.

You gave yourself a lot more room. I'm finishing up installing the latest gen BCB/Vintage Air system, under an unmodified cowl. "Tight fit" doesn't begin to describe it. Non-stop packaging challenge. My arthritic fingers ache just thinking about it.