• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best way to connect stock poly gas line to new tank nipple

vtboy51

Is there a special connector used to clamp the a short section of rubber hose from the stock poly gas line to the metal tank nipple?

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I did it like this:
i-gPdtdCt-L.jpg

That is a Wash-Down Push-to-Connect fitting from mcmaster.com that the nylon tubing simply pushes into (stainless fingers keep it in and an o-ring seals it), which is screwed into an NPT bulkhead fitting (also from mcmaster) with an NPT to -6AN/JIC adapter screwed into the other end of the bulkhead fitting. I didn't use an AN bulkhead fitting for some reason that I can no longer recall.

Then on the AN side I use a -6AN/JIC Push-Lock/Barb-tite type hose end with emission barrier EFI hose. Like this:
i-mwzBd8k-M.jpg

The Push-Lock fittings DO NOT want a hose clamp, using one on them cuts the hose liner and makes the connection fail. I HATE hose clamps on fuel hose, and I want complete serviceability. With exception of having to cut the fuel hose off of the Push-Lock hose ends any item in the assembly is easily removed and replaced.