• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop Install - Need Measurement!

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I'm installing a new Bestop on my all glass 73 and since the body doesn't have the original top mounting holes I'm at a loss on locating the side rails. Compound that by the fact that I'm using fiberglass doors and custom upper soft doors (from Bronco Design) and it's becoming very difficult since the doors and the upper soft doors are custom and don't have the same dimensions as factory doors.

I figure the best way to begin is to make sure I have the correct distance between the rails. I'm assuming that it would be the same as the width of the rear window bar but I want to make sure since I will have to re-work the mounts in my glass doors for the windows to fit.

If anyone can give me the inside measurement between the rails at the doors that would be great. Also, a picture of how the rear bar and the side rails fit together would be helpfult too.

Thanks!

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Mine measures at roughly 57 3/4".

I don't currently have pics of the rear car and the side rails but essentially the rear bar slides under the side rails. Hope that helps. If not, I might be able to take a pic later.

OP
OP
Tedster100

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Still like to see pics if you can.
Ted