• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop Rear Seat

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
You can make anything work but fold and tumble is a common mod. Pretty sure Donsbolt is running one. I have one I pulled from a heep at the local yard with all the brackets.

OP
OP
H

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I am not sure exacty which years/models would fit. Any suggestions on this one (or another with headrests) and mounting brackets would be great.

barronj

Bronco Guru
I think Toms or WH had a sale recently where the bronco version of the fold-n-tumble seat was only $233? Spice was the color available, but it looked good.

I installed the J**p fold & tumble, I bought extra matching material w/ my race-trim seats, I'm going to have it recovered to match. I followed the steps in THIS link.

I'll have to child's seats strapped in mine, no nead for head rests yet.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Just saw that seat the other day, if I had seen it earlier I would have bought a pair of front bestop II seats for the front. I ended up going hi dollar with the mastercrafts and will now have to buy the matching rear which isn't cheap either. I would buy it and then hit a salvage yard for the brackets to mount it.

Ben

stokers

Loc.
Lexington, KY
I got the Bestop TrailMax II Fold & Tumble Rear Bench Seat from Quadratec, item # 24277.1109, for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited. It fit just right. I was a little nervous because the distance between interior wheel wells is just 40" and when I pulled it out of the box it looked every bit of that. Once I tried setting it in there I was pleasently suprised. The seat ends will just fit inside the wheel wells and it helps that they are cushioney and will compress a little. The only concern was the pivot rod that allows it to tumble forward in the brackets. It comes really close to the fenderwells about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It doesn't rub. If you ask me you couldn't get a much better fit. It's nice to be able to move the seat forward to car more stuff when needed, plus I like having the head rest for the kids to help against whiplash, just in case.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/24277_11XX_PG.htm

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00894.jpg

DSC00895.jpg

DSC00897.jpg

Hope this helps.
Bob

SnwMnkys

Loc.
Orem, Utah
I was going to mount this Omix-ADA split bench fold and tumble seat, but not going to anymore. Includes the mounting hardware, but its originally intended for TJs so you have to bend up a little peice of 1/2 bar stock and mount it to your floor for the latch to catch onto it.

If anyones interested send me a PM

omixadarearseat.jpg