• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop rear tumble seat, tips on install please,

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Just ordered a bestop tumble seat to replace my original backseat which by the way is in excellent shape. My two daughters have outgrown from their seats and now I need to fully protect them with better seats. I have a Extreme custom family cage without any place to mount 3 point retractable belts. So,,,

Any hints to mount this seats?, how did you guys mount it?

What 3 point seatbelt are you using on the rear and how did you mount it to the cage?

I want to avoid drilling any additional holes on the bed, how did you guys mount this rear seat w/o drilling add holes?
Any other tips will really be appreciated and thanks in advance.

BTW I may have a rear stock seat for sale in the near future, black with the cloth inserts in great shape.

Last edited:

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
bestow rear tumble seat, tips on install please,

I just installed one in my glass bronco. I did not have any holes yet in the floor so i had a clean slate to start with. With that said i can tell you you will need to drill new holes to mount it to the floor. the brackets and such are not even close to the factory locations. you will have to make a preety complex bracket to use the stock holes for the seat . that would then defeat the fold and tumble advantage. Or i guess you could tie into your cage and make a "floor" for the seat to mount to.

Dont think i helped much but thats what i can tell ya form my experiance.
e6uma2u4.jpg

u5ymumyn.jpg

JoePro

Go on YouTube and type in Tom's bronco fold tumble seat. It shows the install of their back seat and appears to be pretty much the same as the Bestop brand.

apiper

I don't believe your going to be able to mount the seat without any additional holes. I have the bestop fold and tumble, and was not able to mount it in existing holes. The brackets that the seat rotates on are quite a bit wider that the factory mounting locations. So I had to drill 4 holes, 2 on each side for the brackets, and then 2 holes for the latch reciever. Be careful when drilling the holes for the reciever (thing that holds the seat down) not to have too long of a bit, or you could potentially drill into your main fuel tank. Oh, I used the factory seat belt mounts for my 3 point seat belts. When the cage was built I had tabs welded on for the shoulder belts. I would not recommend drilling through the tubing if you do not have tabs for the shoulder belts.

Which seat did you get, the wide one or narrow one?
I tried both and found the wide to be a perfect fit, it made mounting easy because it basically located itself between the wheel wells.
I hope this helps, good luck.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey apiper, do you have the part number for the wide Bestop seat. I'm looking for the wide seat with head rest on it.
Thanks for any help

apiper

39435-01 was the wide one I ordered, which is for later model jeeps, the narrow is for the earlier models.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I put one in but I have 1/4" plate under all the seats so I cut the brackets and welded them to the plate. I'm running an all glass body so the cage, seats and seat belt mounts are all one unit. If I had to do it again I would mount all three brackets to these mounting strips.http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/category/VersaTieTrackKits It would allow you to completely remove all the seat brackets and install tie-downs if you wanted and it would make the seat position adjustable. Somebody on here mounted theirs that way, I can't remember who but I did bookmark the link to the hardware.

OP
OP
bronco loco

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Great insights guys, thanks. I read sometime ago that you should not tie the 3 point seatbelts to a cage if the seat is bolted to the broncos tub, any truth to this?