• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bestop seat install ????s

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
i am looking at the bestop trail max sport seats my question is can i buy eb mounts like the ones that WH sells and just mount the bestops to them so that i can use the stock holes or do i have to do mods what is my best/easiest way to put those seats in my truck i did a search and there were a few tidbits but not enough specifics i would like the elites but i sent away for a spice fabric sample and it looks like a dark chocolate brown to me so now im onto the trail max

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I mounted mine to some summitt sliders and then had some angle iron mounts made. I did not use the stock mounting holes. I've got pics on my work computer and will put them up tomorrow.

I have the Trail Max seats and love them!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are the sliders and brackets under my Trail Max seats.

Attachments

• IMG_2663.JPG
    IMG_2663.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2664.JPG
    IMG_2664.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2665.JPG
    IMG_2665.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2666.JPG
    IMG_2666.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2667.JPG
    IMG_2667.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 43

rt22

Loc.
Alexandria
jtd123,
I have the bestop seats and really enjoy them. It was pretty easy to mount them but it did involve drilling some extra holes. I used the same sliding bracket as SC74 and also used a summitt fixed bracket for the passenger seat.
Picture 2 shows the passenger seat with a summitt fixed bracket (turned sideways) in the rear and the stock seat mounts in the front. I had to drill two holes for the fixed bracket to work. The stock mounts were used in the original holes.
I don't have a picture of the driver seat but all I did was use the sliding bracket and mount it to the seat and then directly to the floor. I tried using the fixed bracket with the sliders (like the directions say) but it sat a little high for my taste (though it was still lower than stock). I drilled four new holes to mount the seat---but if I remember correctly I could have used the stock holes---I just wanted to be able to adjust the seat more. If you are not very tall and want to use the stock holes it just makes it that much easier to install.
The rear seat was also easy to install. I did buy some bolts at home depot and welded them to the seat where they latch onto the wheel well---to keep the seat from flipping forward.
Good luck!

Attachments

• bronco 1.jpg
    bronco 1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 73
  • bronco 2.jpg
    bronco 2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 73
  • bronco 3.jpg
    bronco 3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
J

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
thanks for the reply and the pics you guys rt22 thats the same color im looking at is that the bestop spice? I like using the stock forward passenger mount because im wanting to mount my sterio amp in that space and it should still fit with the stock setup thanks again

OP
OP
J

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
i just closed out the bc bronco web site will you look at there mounts they sell for the beard seats do you think i could mount the bestops to them?

rt22

Loc.
Alexandria
The seats are the spice color. You might be able to use the beard mounts but I'm really not sure. I would use the summitt mounts because they are really cheap compared to others. I think the slider was about $25 and the fixed was around $10-$15. Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I have been out of town. Good luck.