• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bet this is a first...

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
Ok, I can't find pictures or the info I need (most likely because nobody has had a problem this unbelievably stupid%)), so if you can help me out that would be great. Some jackwagon from a previous shop got weld happy and covered up my holes in the kick panels for the door straps. I can see where they are, but I need to know if there was a screw clip or nut or anything behind the sheet metal before drilling the holes out.

Thanks!!

Bferrari

Don't know if this helps, looks like mine were only holes drilled into the sheet metal and self tapping screws ....?????

Attachments

• IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3715.jpg
    IMG_3715.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
lca'73

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
Don't know if this helps, looks like mine were only holes drilled into the sheet metal and self tapping screws ....?????

Thanks NGA and nickgp. Bferrari that's what I thought I remembered, but wasn't sure. It's been so many months since I took it all apart.

Definitely an easy fix, just was hoping to preserve whatever might be behind there rather than having to replace, so I thought I'd ask before getting too frisky with the drill. ;D

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
My 73 had self tapping screws from the factory, the new Dynacorn panels have nuts welded in.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I had to replace both on my 70,got them from Tom's and they have nuts welded on them,nice quality parts,:cool: