• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bezels drivin' me nutz

lasadoor

Loc.
San Diego
i have a centech harness and i'm having trouble finding the right size nuts to hold the wiper switch and the original hazard switch in the dash.

how long should it take to inspect/replace the U-joints on the front axles? I have all day Wed, but it needs to be drivable thurs. morning. I have disc brakes on a dana 30.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Toms has all the bezel nuts, and they aren't very expensive.

Depending on how much pratice you have and how siezed up the bolts are, the front axle shafts are pretty easy to remove, you just pull the wheels off, remove the hubs and spindles and they slide out takes 20-30 minutes a side. If you have a press or big vice changing u-joints are a 15min job.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
removing the hubs is kind of a big deal, or at least to the novice like me

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Oh - shoot, I should have read it more carefully, I was talking about a 44...don't know about a 30!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You can inspect them with out removing but replacement is another thing. You should be able to do it in a day easily. Do you have a 4x4 spindle socket? if not get one it makes it a lot easier to remove the spindle nuts. Worst case do one side at a time if you run out of time then do the other side later on.