• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BFG AT 33x10.5x15 on No Lift Rear Cut Bronco

67RT

Bronco Guru
Ok, I did search everywhere but want to know if anyone has this combo. Currently running 31x10.5x15 and found some newish 33s for a song... Don't want to sacrifice driveability and stopping as I have drums and no lift. No off-roading.. Suspension is in very good shape and car tracks well. Will the 33s work on unlifted rear cut truck??

Attachments

• 1291.jpg
    1291.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Should be fine. Might rub up front. Drums may make it harder to stop and gears may affect drivability.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Take your current set-up and turn your front wheels hard right and left. at one point the outside corner of the tire gets very close to the inner lower part of the front fender. This all depends on rim offset. when mine was stock I had to trim this lower part of the fender to clear. I doubt you can clear this spot with 33" on any rim size. If you clear now check to see if it will clear when the tire is an 1.5" closer. Without any off road or climbing high curbs you should be OK. thats the only spot i can think of. If going off road you will have to cut allot.

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Depending on offset you might rub your radius arms a little too, but that can be fixed with adjusting your steer stops.

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the advice. I can clear now. I will measure. I don't want to ruin the turning radius. The Bronco is the only vehicle we have that can do a 1 point turn on my street! The tires are just so cheap it is hard to pass up. I have 4.10 gears so may be ok there..

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You are more than likely rub your radius arms, spacers may help a lil bit there. Also a 1" body lift will help if you are rubbing fenders in front. Both of these suggestions will not affect your handling you are experiencing. Just stay out of shallow ditches or swales.

OP
OP
67RT

67RT

Bronco Guru
You are more than likely rub your radius arms, spacers may help a lil bit there. Also a 1" body lift will help if you are rubbing fenders in front. Both of these suggestions will not affect your handling you are experiencing. Just stay out of shallow ditches or swales.

I don't want a lift, especially body lift, as I don't go off road and don't want to increase tip-over-ability and roadworthiness. I will measure and just bag it if it is close. My tires are practically new. I just have a good bare set of 15x8 steel newer Bronco wheels that I was going to use with hubcaps..