• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Big Shop Weekend

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Planning on making this 3 day weekend a big weekend at the shop. Lots of plans and things I want to get done. Delivery arrived today for one of the things on my list. My Eastwood internal frame treatment and painting kit arrived. Saturday can not get here fast enough.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.JPG
    IMG_3174.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 229

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's great Bouree, be sure to post some pics of your progress. Would love to see how this turns out.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Nice. I'm curious to see how the material sets up. Is it a "cavity wax" type of material? Does it bleed/run? Out here in the west, rust isn't as bad, or exist to a certain extant.

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Nice. I'm curious to see how the material sets up. Is it a "cavity wax" type of material? Does it bleed/run? Out here in the west, rust isn't as bad, or exist to a certain extant.

Here is the write up on this kit:

This kit is designed to stop and prevent rust on most vehicle frames on the outside as well as the inside.

Eastwood Frame Rust Prevention Kit Includes:
•(3) Eastwood 15 Ounce Black Rust Encapsulator Aerosols
•(3) Eastwood 14 Ounce Internal Frame Coat Aerosols
•(3) 24" long extension tubes with conical nozzle

Eastwood Rust Encapsulator •Encapsulates rust and primes in one step
•Minimal prep - remove loose rust, degrease, and apply
•Can be used under or over body fillers
•Compatible with most top coats

Eastwood Rust Encapsulator has been shown by an independent lab to be the most effective rust preventive product yet. Tested against well-known brands, the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator has proven to be superior in sunlight resistance, preventing rust creep, and overall durability. One 15 oz. net wt. aerosol covers about 10 sq. ft. Contains no isocyanates. Heat resistant up to 400 degrees F. Made in the USA.

Eastwood Internal Frame Coating •Converts, Encapsulates and seals rust on internal frame surfaces
•Phenolic resin with zinc additive eliminates further corrosion
•24" long tube with conical nozzle reaches in to spray coating in a radial pattern for complete coverage
•Fully cures in 24 hours

Internal frame coating is formulated to convert and encapsulate the rust INSIDE your frame. Our formulation also incorporates zinc phosphate to further protect the metal from future corrosion. The viscosity is stabilized to assure proper flow and penetration to the existing corrosion and will yield complete coverage when sprayed with the included "conical nozzle". Easy to use, must have product, that is aerosolized to simply spray the entire inside of the frame with the supplied extension tube and "conical nozzle" for complete coverage and elimination of the rust for years of protection. This product is fully cured in 24 hours. One 14 ounce Aerosol covers 10 sq. ft.

Dlish

I used the Rust Encapsulator on my frame and with a few hours of prep it turned out really nice.

Take your time and prep, and hopefully you get good results too!

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I had a frame that they sprayed por 15 on. Turns out it was a little thing. Roughed it up with sandpaper and hit it with the frame black Eastwood stuff and it looked really nice and held up to the elements well.

John

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Coated the inside of the frame and primed and painted the external of the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_3181.JPG
    IMG_3181.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3186.JPG
    IMG_3186.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3184.JPG
    IMG_3184.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3188.JPG
    IMG_3188.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3189.JPG
    IMG_3189.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3190.JPG
    IMG_3190.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3191.JPG
    IMG_3191.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 101

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Did you make a super long tube to reach the length of the frame, or did you use access holes throughout the frame to get full coverage?

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Did you make a super long tube to reach the length of the frame, or did you use access holes throughout the frame to get full coverage?

To clean it out I used a pressure wash hose with a special tip that I ran down the entire length of the inside of the frame. The Eastwood coating comes with a 2' hose that I just used the holes in the frame and worked my down the frame.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Nice job! I planned on a big weekend but ended up having company over Saturday and Monday so I only got to work in it Sunday.