• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

black rims/wheels? where to buy? good deals?

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
Ok, the wife has said she would buy me new 33's for my christmas. I have decided to go with 33x12.50x15. I am running 31's right now. I wanna go with some BFG all terrains...

I would like to put some black rims/wheels on the beast. I do not really do any serious off roading, so I do not need anything too agressive. I have gone to serveral websites and am not sure on what type of back spacing to get. Part of me would just like to buy everyting all together. can anyone recommend any websites. i know about 4wheelparts, any others.

also, i have cut fenders. will the 33's fit without a suspension lift? my springs in the front have sagged a littel, and the suspension sites 6 in above the front axel. i plan on going with a 2.5 in lift, but just have not gotten around to it. I do not want to buy 33's and then find out they will not fit. From other posts, it seems as if I might just have some rubbing, is that correct?

thanks for the help....

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
have seen 33's with no lift, it's tight. what width rims do you want to run?

these are 31-12.50's on 10" rims with 4" back spacing and a 2.5" lift.

Attachments

• DSCN0383.JPG
    DSCN0383.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 75

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
33's will fit with cut fenders just dont jump it. Dont know what part of the country your in but Discount tire usually has pretty good deals and will match prices. Got my last set of tires from 4wheelparts but I live close enough to make good use of the road hazard warrentee.

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
National Tire and wheel (all the mags w/ big ads) they do complete packages, mount, balance,lugs, shipped to you. Best deal I found. Check out the black street lock rims (beadlock look).

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I've bought tires from NTW and have had great service from them. I've also bought a set of 35x12.50 ProComp MT's mounted on 15x10 Rockcrawlers from 4 Wheelparts. The story goes, during the by 3 get 1 free tire deal the Charlotte store didn't have all the tires for me to pick up before the sale ended. So they had the Jacksonville warehouse to mount and balance them, put them on a truck, and with in 5 days they were in my driveway at no extra cost. Great costumer service from both! ;D

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
The best deal so far that I have found is ordering them through Summit Racing. Theie is no added shipping on the wheels and $5-$10 extra on each tire. I am going to order my Kumho MT tires and black US wheels from them probably today. Then take them to a local tire store for mounting and balancing. THis still has been the best deal I have found. I am still looking though. BTW I am getting 33x12.5x15 on 8" wheels with 3 3/4" backspacing but I am also installing a 3 1/2" lift.

OP
OP
saxman

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
thanks for the replies. i guess I can't decide on the rims? should I go with 8 or 10? I do not do a lot of off roading, a little. I live in austin, TX. so, we have some hills around here. what is the difference in ride quality for the 8 and then the 10s? it looks like Ntwonline has some good deals. I just need to figure out backspacing. i do not want the tire to stick out a whole lot.

thanks

rednck21

i would go with the 8" wheel considering you dont have a lift yet....just get one soon ;D the tires will rub more with the wider wheels :eek:

4 wheel parts has some good holiday deals going on right now. i know because i work there ;D