• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bleeder screw angle, seat angle

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Looking to see what folk's opinions are on this topic - I've read here (I think) about suggestions to tidy up bleeder seats by using a bleeder screw with polishing compound.

But, as far as I can tell, bleeder screws are generally 90 degrees, and the seat itself is 120 degrees. Opinions on what the angles are?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Generally the bleed nut is soft enough to cut a seat every time you close it. If its that rusted, you need a new brake cylinder. I would not try polishing, there are about 4000 things needing more attention.

OP
OP
K

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Generally the bleed nut is soft enough to cut a seat every time you close it. If its that rusted, you need a new brake cylinder. I would not try polishing, there are about 4000 things needing more attention.

Are you saying the caliper conical seat “cuts a seat” the bleeder screw or the bleeder screw “cuts a seat” in the caliper seat?

i.e. if I pull out the bleeder screw, is the bleeder screw “bedding” into the seat such that I’d see marking on the bleeder screw but not the seat? If that’s the case, I’d guess replacing a bleeder screw might fix a weepy brake bleeder.

OP
OP
K

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Lots of good advice, but does anybody know the typical numbers for the angles of bleeder screw and seat?