• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body and chassis original blueprints

CopperBronco

Does anyone know where I can get full specs and measurements for Bronco body? I own the body assembly manual, and found some of Steve83’s diagrams online… but where did he get those?

Does Ford not have these original blueprints made public? I’m piercing all this together from all over the internet and getting stuff, but feels like it should be easier.

My bronco had poor panel alignment done by a PO… I’d like to fix it and get to spec… but I’d also like to know all measurements so I can measure my Bronco against a baseline to see how far off I am. I’m thinking some of it’s going to be a lot to fix.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think what Steve83 has posted on his site is about all we've ever seen from Ford.

Todd Z.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
No, Ford doesn't publish blueprints. I've been collecting information like this for decades. The caption usually mentions the source, unless I created it from scratch (like the frame diagram) or it's from a Ford document (like most of the parts diagrams).

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I thought poor panel alignment was OEM. :) Just sayin. If there was a set of dims to look at it would probably mess you up. Each of these old rigs needs it's own panel alignment. Todays building standards are decades ahead (literally) of the sixties and seventies.

Jim

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
If I can find the CD I bought, I’ll post the name of it. Mine is a Ford service manual for 1977 Ford Bronco and every other ‘77 truck they made. I’m thinking I paid 5$ for it and it has more details than I needed. It’s 7 volumes and 2,600 pages. Found it on the web.

Randy

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Well, I dug through the ford service manual and found that I was wrong about it having measurements for the body and alignment specs. Mea Culpa.

Randy

OP
OP
C

CopperBronco

Well, I dug through the ford service manual and found that I was wrong about it having measurements for the body and alignment specs. Mea Culpa.

Randy
Thanks! I have same manuals and body assembly manual, and Chiltons… the only thing is section 47 you do get frame dimensions and specs, but no body.

tbratz

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for , but the 1969 shop manual does have the "Body Clearance Dimensions", which has all the specs/ measurements for the door gaps, tailgate etc., which may help you get everything lined up.

OP
OP
C

CopperBronco

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for , but the 1969 shop manual does have the "Body Clearance Dimensions", which has all the specs/ measurements for the door gaps, tailgate etc., which may help you get everything lined up.
Can I see some photos?