• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body Chrome Molding Retainers

fwilder

Hi all,

The body chrome molding retainers that the vendors sell suck. The snap ones are okay, but the ones at the end of each trim piece don't last and then your trim falls of and gets smashed by a tesla. Not ideal. I was thinking it might be a pretty easy thing to make with a small bolt and a bent washer.

Has anyone tried this?

PDQ

Contributor
Following this based on question posed in the tech section....

While putting my doors together, I started with the belt trim on the door and as I went through the new package of trim clips, I have those that rivet on, those for the ends with posts and nuts, but then I found just two of the clips on the right side of the pic. They have a hard curve in them, a different sized stud and are a different shape than all the others with studs. Anyone with any insight as to where just those two clips are supposed to go? On which end of which piece?

Thanks as always

Attachments​

• Body trim clips.jpg
    Body trim clips.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 8

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Glad I'm reading this. I can't help with either situation, but now I know I need to save my old ones and label where they go when I take them off...

guilty1

Contributor
I just got done mocking the trim molding up on my 67 resto. I believe the curved ones are for the end of the door trim. I cant remember which end but the bolt hole is very close to the end of the trim and the curved clip allows you to slide the clip further to the end.