• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body lift big gas tanks. Need measurement.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I'm looking at Chuck's big 24 tank and WH 20 gallon body lift tanks.
Do these hang below the frame rails when installed? I have a 2 inch body lift. If anyone has pictures too that would be great!
Thanks!

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
I have the WH tank. Yes, it does hang below the frame.. I dont think anyone can squeeze 23 gal of gas in a tank and keep it above the frame. All the tanks are big.. :(

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yeah, I kinda figured. But how much below the rails?

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I have the tank from Chuck and a 1" body lift. I can look when I get home later, but it hangs down probably between 3 and 4 inches below the bottom of the frame rails on mine.

Hazegray

I have the WH 20 gal. installed w/a 3" body lift. The stock skid plate fit right into position without modification.

M

Miley

I just installed Chucks tank this weekend and WOW :eek: is it different than the NW tanks!

I just measured and it hangs exactly 6 inches below the bottom of the frame.

The tank is built, well, like a tank ;D ! Seriously, I can't stress to you how much beefier Chucks tank is. You can literally flex a NW tank with an air chuck just trying to blow it out. Trust me, I've done it! I stood on Chucks tank and it didn't even flex!

Aside from the build quality, the mount system is awesome. It utilizes 4 unistruts for adjustability to suit your individual body lift.

Hey, it's cheaper too!!!

My .02

James

M

Miley

GJBroncoMan said:
I have the tank from Chuck and a 1" body lift. I can look when I get home later, but it hangs down probably between 3 and 4 inches below the bottom of the frame rails on mine.

You sure about that measurement?

I forgot to mention, I have a 2" body lift and new body bushings.

James

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Miley said:
You sure about that measurement?

James
No I'm not, I'm guessing from memory. I'll look when I get home in a little while.

James is right about Chuck's tank. It's incredibly well built and strong. I got the optional skid plate with it, and probably didn't need to.