• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body lifting / transfer

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Opinion question here….

Option A:
Buy a second engine hoist and lift body at rear and middle using 2 engine hoists?

Option B:
Build a rolling gantry (wood structure not steel) to straddle my trailer / body cart to lift the body?

I can make both work in my head. My current engine hoist boom is only 34” so I can’t make the single hoist work.

Love to hear your thoughts on how to safely move these bodies around….

IMG_0823.jpeg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The rolling gantry would be more stable if you need to roll it around. The 2 engine hoists could easily get out of control. They can be tricky with just an engine on them!

OP
OP
jeffncs

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
The rolling gantry would be more stable if you need to roll it around. The 2 engine hoists could easily get out of control. They can be tricky with just an engine on them!

Were thinking the same way and you confirmed my #1 fear b/c gravity loves to mess with me while moving heavy stuff!

Contributor
6 men and a couple cases of beer

Where are you trying to move it ?

OP
OP
jeffncs

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
6 men and a couple cases of beer

Where are you trying to move it ?

I have to remove bronco body 1 from my trailer and onto a dolly. Body 2 needs to go onto the trailer.

Once body repair is done on body 1, it’ll go onto frame 1. Body 2 then goes onto the dolly for body repair.

Short version…I’ll need a lot of strong backs and even more beer…