• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

body panel replacement

stangevil

I am currentlyworking on a 1971bronco more rust than I had imaginedis there any books on where to start as far as the panel replacement bigger project than I thought

dsmith01

I'm sure there are books about body work but I don't know of any specifically about Broncos. Use this forum as well as others and you'll be fine.

I started my project last Aug with no previous body or welding experience and mine came out fine (more than few booger welds but otherwise okay). Check out http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=151101

A couple of things to watch out for:

1.) Do one panel repair at a time
2.) If necessary to do more than 1 panel at a time, brace the body
3.) Use sheetmetal screws to pull panels together for good seams
4.) Measure things umpteenth times before welding

Casey835

5.) Do not remove old panel till you get new and compare and look at how they fit

OP
OP
S

stangevil

:)thanks for the info
I'm sure there are books about body work but I don't know of any specifically about Broncos. Use this forum as well as others and you'll be fine.

I started my project last Aug with no previous body or welding experience and mine came out fine (more than few booger welds but otherwise okay). Check out http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=151101

A couple of things to watch out for:

1.) Do one panel repair at a time
2.) If necessary to do more than 1 panel at a time, brace the body
3.) Use sheetmetal screws to pull panels together for good seams
4.) Measure things umpteenth times before welding

OP
OP
S

stangevil

[thanks for the info:)QUOTE=Casey835;1558684]5.) Do not remove old panel till you get new and compare and look at how they fit[/QUOTE]

ADAM MCISAAC

body panels

Hello i just bought a 73 bronco and got it home just after the neibor kid pulled out of his driveway and smashed the tail light corner. Who sells a good tail light corner?

Adam