• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Both Front Floor Pans Or Whole Floor Replacement?

JJ@frontier.net

Loc.
Durango
We will soon have to choose between driver/passenger floor pans or full floor replacement. Only the front floors are rusted out, but the ribbed back section has some minor rust as well. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what cutting and welding.costs might be for the two options? Is this something we can DIY with a MIG rig, or should we hold out for pro work here?

Thanks for opinions and into!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If the tranny tunnel is in good shape I would replace the driver/passenger floor plans separately. By doing it separately there is less chance of messing up the alignment of the tub. If you decide to do the entire floor then I would get it done professionally which will be expensive. Doing a floorpan is a great way to learn to mig weld. In most cases the welds will be covered up by mats or carpeting so as long as they are strong (good penetration) they don't have to be pretty!

OP
OP
J

JJ@frontier.net

Loc.
Durango
Thanks for the unanimous replies, and sorry it took me so long to find them. I was used to forums where the default was to receive an email whenever a post to a thread was made. I didn't see any emails, so i didnt know people had answered my question.

I've now changed my settings for the future do I won't make that mistake again. I will plan on acquiring MIG gear and getting a bit of training with it, and I'll do the floor pans myself when I feel ready. Thanks again, everybody!