• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Boxwood Green not sure? Updated: I am sure

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I bought a sample spray can but not sure it is what I want. see pics attached, that is the color I want. Plan on using Resoration shop I guess. The last one looks like the sample I got, too grayish for me. Y’all get me straight on the real boxwood.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0008.jpeg
    IMG_0008.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 59

Torkman66

Contributor
BG can be light or dark based on year. Old trucks seem to be darker while Broncos seem to be lighter. I started with the paint code above then did some test sheets. Had it made a bit lighter.
IMG_8548.jpeg
IMG_8547.jpeg
IMG_8546.jpeg

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks that helps. Which number is the code, top or bottom?

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, decision made, going boxwood. That was ginger interior you put in that build, right? What do they need at the paint store to mix this paint?

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Picked up a sample today

Attachments

• IMG_2025.jpeg
    IMG_2025.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2024.jpeg
    IMG_2024.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 21

Torkman66

Contributor
That looks perfect! If doing base cost clear cost, you’ll need a gallon of sprayable base unless you need to repaint and areas because of burn through while buffing. Gallon of clear will work depending on your process. Good luck.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I got my paint from Chad's Paint in Michigan. It is AutoArt paint and was really reasonably priced compared to PPG. I sourced the clear from SPI online. Both were very good products with great customer support.

Attachments

• rear 2.JPG
    rear 2.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Gus, I am going single stage. Torqman was that gallon just for body panels? I am painting everything, inside and out. SPI makes good products and has a great forum For paint and auto body.

dhendriksen

Thanks Gus, I am going single stage. Torqman was that gallon just for body panels? I am painting everything, inside and out. SPI makes good products and has a great forum For paint and auto body.
Single stage? You’re brave! I might consider clear just for the ability to fix scratches and things down the line much easier.

Torkman66

Contributor
Yes, gallon of base for exterior. Single stage is hard to spray and get flat. I’ve sprayed lots of both base and SS. Depends on what you are wanting when finished.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I also used Chad's automotive arts ,motocryl [single stage] but in compitition orange.. as well as used SP{ euro clear without any issues then cut and buffed the clear .. some people would ask why? but i like the results .....about 2 gal for inside and out engine compartment complete color change..