• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

brake/clutch pedal replace options

fordwheeler

Loc.
Nashville
I am assuming this has been an issue with some before but my brake and clutch pedal are difficult to deal with as they sit so high up. The clutch is not bad because i can keep my left foot on it, but i do hit the door handle every once in a while that can jar the door loose. The brake is the most difficult coming when i switch from the gas as i have to lift my foot up and bend my knee to the side to get in there.....

has anyone replaced these with a different set? i took it to someone to cut and re-weld, but the geometry would not be right he said.

FYI it is a 66 half cab. i know this is an issue with the older ford trucks as well. Luckily i am not real tall so i can deal with it temporarily, but I'm worried about a situation where i have to hit the brakes in a quick way....it could get bad

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I adjusted my brake pedal a little lower so it was same height as the clutch and then i used a theittle cable from bc broncos and pulled the cable tight until it was closer to the brake pedal. Then incur the throttle cable to that length and works good. I should have cut it a little longer though. Its just a tad too high

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The height off the floor are determined by the push rod to the master cylinder and the clutch rod through the floor. Shorten these rods and the pedals will sit closer to the floor.