• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Builders Be Aware...

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
typo - "which is said to have a roll cage, airbags, and five-point harnesses."

send lawyers, guns and money...................%)

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
No personal accountability anymore. Do something stupid, get hurt, sue someone else. It surely couldn't have been the fault of the driver. Sad part is, they could get a judgement against the builder, possibly causing them to shut their doors. Even the article dogs on all 3 in the car for their stupidity. In my younger days I totaled a couple of vehicles but, I accepted the fact that it was my fault, learned from it, and moved on. End of rant.
Mark.

Jakedog

This is really petty. Filing a suit against the builder because they decided to go for a joy ride at night on a road known for car accidents. This is the driver's fault. The girl in the car didn't even have a seat to sit on!

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Stupid people doing stupid stuff, get hurt and want someone else to pay the consequences. Amazing! It will be an interesting case...were they exceeding the speed limit on a known dangerous road, at night, in an overpowered car? For the builder - doubling the original horsepower of the vehicle...does that come with some obligations for safety equipment - maybe it does.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
Airbags in a 50 year old car? You don’t just slap bags in a car and call it a safety device. This is so stupid. There is an enormous amount of engineering that goes into the system design and nobody is going to spend those resources and money to design, validate and manufacture an airbag system for one vehicle.
They made bad choices and now need to own the consequences.

Mike Bryan

Loc.
Mount Olive
Who in their right mind would throw the keys of a probably half million dollar car to a friend and go for a joy ride, only an idiot. The driver should be sued if anybody. The builder hopefully has an LLC, but in liberal Cali, who knows what will happen. Papers were probably signed releasing liability.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is another case of stupidity and the rest of the people have to pay the consequences. This could rate as some of the biggest bunch of BULLCRAP ever. Here you have a famous celebrity and he contracts someone to build him him a bad-ass car, then he and his cronies go out for a joyride and have a big time wreck in the car and he wants to sue the builder? I read the article in the link, and maybe I missed it but it sounds like Kevin Hart was letting another drive the car. In that case he should be sueing the yo-yo he had driving the car.

murdador

Mr. Member
Stupid people doing stupid stuff, get hurt and want someone else to pay the consequences. Amazing!.

Stupid rich people doing stupid stuff. This is like buying a tiger and getting mad when it mauls you.

Sent from my Samsung Dishwasher using Tapatalk

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
You can get into trouble when you do your own work too.
I had a brush with California's Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team (MAIT) a few years back.
My wife was involved in a serious accident. The car was impounded, and had the chassis disassembled for inspection of the components. I have the complete report on the condition of the tires, brakes, wheel bearings, and every moving steering and suspension part.
Fortunately they found our Aerostar Van to be well maintained and with quality OEM type parts.
This is serious stuff and should be considered before doing certain steering and/or suspension mods.

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
No personal accountability anymore. Do something stupid, get hurt, sue someone else. It surely couldn't have been the fault of the driver.
Mark.

Yeah, what he said. do something stupid and you got to own it...

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Wasn't this Hart guy in the news awhile back for doing something else stupid???

I would like to be on the jury for this one. Someone's Hart is going to be broken.... He wanted the car built a certain way, gives his buddy the keys, throws a passenger in the back with no seat, let's the guy hot rod on a known dangerous road and wants to blame the builder. Yep, you can't fix stupid.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
It wont stop us. We do insist on a roll cage in our builds, specially if we are doing anything beyond stock I will refuse depending on the level of build and what exactly we are doing to it. With that being said though, enough funds and an owners dream, who am I to not let them fulfill their vision but we do sign paperwork for the record that they refused certain safety items. As of right now I do not see this case gaining traction unless the company that built it is also in CA then due to their everyone is responsible for everything rules there they may have some issues. I carry automotive manufacturers insurance even though we don't actually manufacture a car, it is the best suited for liability coverage for us. In the end what this case will do is raise premiums and add more fine print to the end of a contract but it wont stop us.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
California harbors hostility for the concept of personal responsibility. Just look at the sidewalks in LA and San Fran. They're crowded with bums shooting up and crapping in the street. The idiots that run things, won't do anything about that. Instead they want tax payers in the rest of the country who don't have Cal's destructive policies to pay for any fix.The courts there are corrupt too, so the Hollywood types will likely continue to get "special" treatment.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
California harbors hostility for the concept of personal responsibility. Just look at the sidewalks in LA and San Fran. They're crowded with bums shooting up and crapping in the street. The idiots that run things, won't do anything about that. Instead they want tax payers in the rest of the country who don't have Cal's destructive policies to pay for any fix.The courts there are corrupt too, so the Hollywood types will likely continue to get "special" treatment.

Exactly! When I had my trucking company, one of my drivers was in CA and in the right hand lane. A lady passed him on the shoulder (traffic was at an almost standstill) and cut back in front of him. Her left rear corner clipped the right front corner of my truck and pulled the bumper out and to the driver side away from the front of the truck, it was obvious she was at fault so you think... she would have been but she had a child in the car therefore we all a sudden became responsible for the damages she caused plus supposed hospital bills to the tune of 80%. We hired a PI and found out that this woman had over 15 incidents with over the road trucks, all with claims and all ruled in her favor and the type of incident we had was her 7th identical incident. Needless to say my insurance company paid out 15K to her to drop things. This was her MO and no one cared. Excuse my French but Fuck CA.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Who in their right mind would throw the keys of a probably half million dollar car to a friend and go for a joy ride, only an idiot. The driver should be sued if anybody. The builder hopefully has an LLC, but in liberal Cali, who knows what will happen. Papers were probably signed releasing liability.

sux, regardless.. but yeah, not too smart