• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Community loses Betty Monroe - EBR

onebadd73

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca.
Received this email today from the EBR:

Dear Frank:

We are so sorry to tell you of a tragic loss. Betty Monroe died yesterday (Saturday) morning of a heart attack. For those of you that don't know Betty, she and her husband Joe are co-founders of the Early Broncos Ltd (EBL), the first Early Bronco Club in the country. The EBL is also the organization that formed the Early Bronco Registry (EBR) as an international association of Early Bronco enthusiasts.

Betty was in route to Bronco Daze a Vu this year when an unexpected heart attack nearly killed her. However, after helicopter transport and several operations, she was home again and feeling fine. We were all fully expecting her to rejoin the Bronco activities she loved so much. Then her family found her unconscious and all attempts failed to bring her back to us.

Her work promoting the enjoyment of the Early Bronco began before founding the EBL in 1981 and have continued nearly 365 days a year ever since. If you have ever owned an Early Bronco, Betty has touched you in some way.

This is a personal loss to all that knew her. If you wish to pass condolences on to the family, you are welcome to send them here and we will deliver them on your behalf.

Steve and Eileen Sampson

Best wishes to the family, Frank

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
This was my first Bronco event with the organization, I understand she was one of the best! I'm Sorry not to meet her. My regards to family and all.

Tom

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:( :( :( Joe Im so sorry for your loss I wish your famley the very best.:( :( :( Bill :( :( :(

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Condolences to the family and many prayers in their time of need.

joe

Bronco Guru
natalie and i send our condolences to the family and friends of betty. lords blessings...........joe

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I am so sorry to hear about this. Betty was one of the nicest people you would ever meet. Our deepest sympathies to Joe and family. Jeri and I will keep you in our hearts and prayers. The world seems a little smaller today.

Mike and Jeri

OsideDave

I am so sorry to hear this, Betty was truly one of nicest people I have met in the Bronco community. She was an enthusiastic part of all the EBL/EBR events, runs, club meetings, and Christmas parties the Monroe's and more. She also had a beautiful yellow roadster at one point, though I have not seen it on the last few EBL events. My condolences to Joe and family.

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
A Service for the one of the sweetest women I've ever known is going to be Friday midday in San Diego. Time and place will be announced today and the EBL club is encouraging folks to bring their broncos as a show of support.
More info to come.
Greg

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Betty Monroe Memorial Caravan

Betty Lou Monroe

A viewing will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8 at Poway-
Bernardo Mortuary, 13243 Poway Road in Poway.

A memorial service will be at 3:30 on Friday, Nov. 9 at 3:30 p.m. at
San Rafael Catholic Church, 17252 Bernardo Center Drive in Rancho
Bernardo.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations to her
grandchildren's college fund: Addison Avenue F.C.U., 16399 W.
Bernardo Drive, San Diego, CA 92127-1899. Acct # 25495300.

Joe has requested that for all of you that can, please join in a
Bronco
Caravan from Joe and Betty's house in Poway to the funeral
services. The
caravan will leave Joe's at promptly 2 PM Friday.

He also would love to have everyone in Bronco clothing. Anything is
welcome, but the preference is for red shirts and black slacks.

If any of you have one or a few good photos of Betty, please bring
them with
you to display and then pass on to the family.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
Heart felt condolences to the Monroe family.
Betty always made me smile whether it be at the EBR events or seeing her around town.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
another great loss to the Bronco community.
Our prayers and condolences to the family and friends.

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
I'm very sorry for your loss . My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends .

howiebilt