• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Driver Mag - Repair Manual

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Okay, these may be trivial questions, so bare w/me.. ;D

Is Bronco Driver magazine worth getting? Trying to get my mechanical skills back so a little reading never hurt. I have been getting back into the 4wheel magazines since I purchased my EB.

Also, I found a 5 volume set auto repair manual on faxon auto, that I THOUGHT about getting, but the price seems a little steep.

I have the chilton's pickup/bronco manual but it doesn't get very in depth.

Thanks for the input.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes there are some how to articles in there I think most are from readers of the mag, is it worth getting well I get it to support the bronco mag itself, check out the pics, and latest products from the vendors. Most of us have always wanted a mag for broncos now that we have it I feel we should support them, it takes alot of time to put together a mag for publishing and I would say most of the people that do work on this mag have full time jobs.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah, I can totally understand that. All about the bronco.. Can't wait till mine is at least mechanically sound so I can start the cosmetic stuff.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yeah, I can totally understand that. All about the bronco.. Can't wait till mine is at least mechanically sound so I can start the cosmetic stuff.

BD is good for inspiration. ;D Like Surfer-B says, I get it for various reasons and supporting the only magazine that is excusively for Broncos is high on my list of reasons. Most of us remember when there wasn't a BD!

Keep in mind that BD is reader supported for articles - it's only as good as we make it.

As for repair manuals, the factory ford manuals are probably best. Any 5-volume auto repair manual is probably too generic for an EB.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru

Attachments

• 100_0187.JPG
    100_0187.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I will have me a look see on ebay. Appreciate the info.

Sachem, got the PM & replied sir.

Bronco Up..! :0)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
You need one that says "a 750 is too big for a 302"! That will get you started. HA HA

Youd be better off with a Holley book.....and keep coming here for other instructions.

Ive found factory books useless after a certain amount of aftermarket parts are installed.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Although it does not cover everything, Look for a MOTOR'S manual, they are pretty helpful and have a lot of exploded views and it takes some time to get used to the layout. The nice thing is i find em at a lot of flea markets for 15-20 bucks (less than a new chiltons) and they cover almost all cars for that year.

Grant

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
You need one that says "a 750 is too big for a 302"! That will get you started. HA HA

Youd be better off with a Holley book.....and keep coming here for other instructions.

Ive found factory books useless after a certain amount of aftermarket parts are installed.

LOL, I hear ya screamin. ;D ;D Smaller Carb is on the list.. :cool:

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Although it does not cover everything, Look for a MOTOR'S manual, they are pretty helpful and have a lot of exploded views and it takes some time to get used to the layout. The nice thing is i find em at a lot of flea markets for 15-20 bucks (less than a new chiltons) and they cover almost all cars for that year.

Grant

Definitely keep my eye open. Thanks :cool:

I got the 5 manual set from Jason a while back. Actual Shop Manuals. Electrical, Chassis, etc..

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
If you have a eb,have broncitis or other symtoms,Bronco Driver is a must have. Its like the bible that comes in the mail every two months.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
If you have a eb,have broncitis or other symtoms,Bronco Driver is a must have. Its like the bible that comes in the mail every two months.

I would agree... I subscribed to BD, not long after I posted this. Lookin forward to the next issue. ;D :cool: