• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Lean - Which Direction?

betzgb

Contributor
Does anyone know which direction the Bronco will lean based on the radius arms not being parallel? When I check the radius arms for parallel (out of the vehicle on jack stands on level ground) the driver side radius arm is 1 inch above the floor and the the passenger radius arm tip is touching the floor. If not changed, once reinstalled, would this cause a driver side bronco lean or a passenger side bronco lean?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
If I remember correctly, with the P/S touching and the D/S off the floor, it will basically preload the P/S causing a D/S lean… unless I’m misremembering. If I’m wrong, hope someone corrects me soones.
There’s a YouTube episode on Nashville Early Bronco where John Melton and Monster Mike show this process. Very good step by step.

Randy

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Not sure why it matters as you need both arms to be parallel so you won't have the lean and you can't just correct one bushing by loosening and then retightening hoping to get rid of it. Follow the simple steps Wild Horses has on their website about how to get the bushings setup correctly on the radius arm caps and you're gold. (Gratuitous plug here... :) lol I figured out what caused the Bronco lean back when I put in my first soft, long travel suspension back in '97 ( I think). So I wrote up the article that WH has on their site. This was when a few of us had "flip phones" (hence no pics) and way before YouTube! All of us couldn't figure out why our EB's were leaning PS or DS. All we did was put in new springs and some were leaning left and others right! lol

Best of luck, you'll get it.

Last edited:

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
There is a lot of info on people's experiences here on the site as well as Youtube. and they all end up in the same spot ... 'Do it once, do it right!' My mistakes, not going directly to 7" bushings, using an impact wrench, and trying to do it myself.