• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco lean

dmehner

Loc.
San Ramon
I know this has been touched on several times and ive done a lot of searching so bare with me
my 72 bronco leans to the drivers side, ive tore apart the front end and check the radius arms and there dead nuts level so im pretty sure thats not it.
truck has a 3.5 inch lift i think! measured the space between front axle and frame and came up with 3.5 . ive replaced the front coils with used WH coils and swapped to both sides and still leans to the driver. the only other thing i can think of is the rear springs are worn but would that really make it sag 1 1/2 inch? the lift has been on for a long time but not sure how long.. is there anything else i could check or is there any way to check the frame? or does anybody know of any threads to read? love the truck but the lean is pissin me off
thanks for your time

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
If the front suspension is all perfect, a bad rear spring can make it lean, so can bad/worn out body bushings, or bent body mounts. Several years ago the right rear leaf pack was tweaked on my '73 after a really minor rear-end collision once and caused a similar lean; once I replaced the leaf packs (did both to be safe), no more lean. This was, of course, after tearing through and rebuilding the entire front end & checking all of the body mounts & bushings as best I could. Good luck, Bronco Lean can be a pesky thing to track down & correct.

samjr66

Loc.
Gastonia,NC
I've noticed the same thing. What about the trac bar? I don't really understand the engineering behind this. But doesn't it hold the driver's side down? And when the vehicle moves up and down, doesn't it force the vehicle to move sideways?

OP
OP
D

dmehner

Loc.
San Ramon
thanks for the replies.... picked up some new WH leafs and a 1in body lift so i can replace all the mounts.. hope it sits level when im done