• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco locking storage area "Bronco Trunk" finally done...PICS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
I finally got around to making my locking storage area behind my rear seat.
I'm not sure if anyone else wants to do something like this but it was suprisingly cheap.
I think I spent around 40 dollars plus the locking tailgate handle from NicksTrix ($110)
Here are some pics, sorry for the large size, I can't seem to shrink them. Rob

7ebb22d8fc.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
59281bdbb7.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
c4765fcee8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
5c9968078f.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
be3f07e72f.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
3cf954a7a5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
sweet idea! i might have to do something like that? would that work with a hard or soft top on too?

btw, i edited your pics if you want to repost them. ;D

Attachments

• 7ebb22d8fc.jpg
    7ebb22d8fc.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 5c9968078f.jpg
    5c9968078f.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 110
  • c4765fcee8.jpg
    c4765fcee8.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 59281bdbb7.jpg
    59281bdbb7.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 3cf954a7a5.jpg
    3cf954a7a5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 106
  • be3f07e72f.jpg
    be3f07e72f.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
can you pm the edited pics so I can fix it. Also the softop I have is an STC and it works fine with it. The way I did it a hard top wouldn't work but it wouldn't be hard to do it so it could work with a hard top. For anyone considering doing it I would recommend using some card board to make a template, it makes it much easier to get everything to fit correctly.

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
That's pretty sweet. Think of all the cool things you can put there...... and then think of all the things that your wife will put there. ;D It's a great idea for the rear speakers too.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
The speakers sound pretty good pointed towards the front. I am quickly filling up the storage area, got a new Hi-Lift jack and portable air compressor. It'll be nice this summer not worrying about leaving anything in the Bronco, it'll all be locked and out of sight.

Last edited:

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
RobS said:
The speakers sound pretty good pointed towards the front. I am quickly filling up the storage area, got a new Hi-Jack jack and portable air compressor. It'll be nice this summer not worrying about leaving anything in the Bronco, it'll all be locked and out of sight.

your hi-lift fits in there? :eek: i guess it might fit. do you have it mounted?

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
yes, it fits (also got the offroad base) I haven't decided how I'm going to mount it yet.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
bronco locking storage area

very nice! Did you make it out of OSB or? and I can't figure out how you got the wood to match up so nicely around the rollbar? Hints please.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
I used the cheaper particle wood(didn' flex as much as the others) I think the wood was $10 for a 4x8 foot piece at Home depot. I cut it as close to the roll bar as possible but it looks closer because when I put the vinyl on I cut it to fit the roll bar.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
There are two pieces of wood, one attached by those four bolts that hold the rear seat on (just got em 1/2 inch longer) To attach the top piece I used the existing holes from my soft top rail. (got longer bolts as well) The whole thing is pretty sturdy and overall I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

CodeeB

Loc.
Atlanta
I was planning of doing something simular with some aluminum I got from work, but your idea would be easier.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
I was going to use sheet metal but knew wood and vinyl would be cheaper and easier to work with.

OP
OP
RobS

RobS

Loc.
Utica, MI
Cavalry said:
where did you get the vinyl from? I can only find it 3 foor wide? Upholstery places dont want to sell to me either lol

I got it at Jo-Ann fabrics, I think it was called wisper vinyl, it was around $15 a yard and I got 2 yards.