• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco sport overheating

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Wow, engineering manager Eddie Khan's comments don't give me much confidence in the the product they are trying to sell folks.

One of his comments will always stick with me, "those hills make me nervous sometimes." %)

Maybe hiring someone that is less nervous in testing the product should be considered.

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
"The vehicle was in sand mode, the throttle was on the floor and Hall was “just not being gentle with [the car] at all.” It took roughly 15 minutes for the car to give the overtemp warning. Hall shut the machine off, and after five minutes it was ready to go again."

I would say that if I held the throttle down for 15 minutes in sand, my 74' would get hot also.%)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wow, engineering manager Eddie Khan's comments don't give me much confidence in the the product they are trying to sell folks.

One of his comments will always stick with me, "those hills make me nervous sometimes." %)

Maybe hiring someone that is less nervous in testing the product should be considered.

omg.. No doubt..

OP
OP
gnpenning

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.

Agreed. Ford Might want to reevaluate who and how it's being represented.

Apperatly Ford doesn't expect the sport to ever go off-road....

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Sand is brutal. The SxS folks are figuring that out. Trail ride for 1000’s of miles no issues. 15 minutes in the sand with the same treatment, belt (transmission drive) is exploded, shocks are smoking hot and maybe a broken axle or 2, not much different. And my bronco is hot after 20 minutes of WOT of dune bashing too hanging with the SxS and then pull them back to replace their belt.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sand is brutal. The SxS folks are figuring that out. Trail ride for 1000’s of miles no issues. 15 minutes in the sand with the same treatment, belt (transmission drive) is exploded, shocks are smoking hot and maybe a broken axle or 2, not much different. And my bronco is hot after 20 minutes of WOT of dune bashing too hanging with the SxS and then pull them back to replace their belt.

lol, we like to abuse em don't we

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hope they fix that soon cause it's sort of embarrassing getting schooled by a made for street Cherokee and your in the Bronco.

Which hate to say it, bought a second car last week (pos mini died), first was the Ram1500, this is the 2021 Grand Cherokee. Excellent riding little suv, and I don't hit my head getting in like the mini bronco.

Sorry Ford, that's two vehicle purchases you lost because of the delays and engines. First being no reasonable V8 in a pickup, second is delay of the bronco.