• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Sputters Around Sharp Corners????

1970excursion

I have a 351, C4, With edelbrock, and the "offroad" spring kit.

When I go quick around a 60 to 90-degree turn. the Engine starts to sputter, like it is choking out, or maybe even out of gas. It will recover when I start going strait again.

It happens when I try my best attempt at a power slide in sharp corners on the dirt. And even on the pavement when going quick enough around a turn to get the body to roll.

It even happens with a full gas tank. And checked the fuel lines to ensure nothing is getting pinched when around the corner.

Wondering if related to the "spring kit" or maybe just an edelbrock issue in general.

Any ideas?

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Sounds like the float level is off. I have had this issue with Edelbrock before, it's hard to get the float just right. Also they are very sensitive to fuel pressure, you may need to run a regulator.