• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Trailer on the Loose (Stolen) - Indiana

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

I received a call yesterday from the secured lot where we keep the trailer we tow to Moab every year. Long story short, they had a suspicion it had been stolen since I was there last on March 2nd. After talking with them, and having them go through their surveillance videos they have video show what appears to be a cutting torch or plasma torch cutting off the coupler lock and another angle showing them leaving the storage yard with the trailer behind their vehicle.

I don't have much hope of finding the trailer. It's insured. But, I would like to help them feel a little pain if possible through law enforcement.

We're in Indiana which requires trailer registrations. Some states adjacent to us, Kentucky comes to mind, don't require registration or tags if you're pulling the trailer with a licensed/registered Kentucky vehicle.

If someone hasn't repainted it, and you see dual axle MacLander 12K trailer painted Grabber Blue to match the Bronco, please give me a shout out!

(It was stolen about midnight on March 3rd. I wasn't notified until the 13th. Likely long gone.)

I'm attaching a pic.

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0114 1024x768.JPG
    IMG_0114 1024x768.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 369

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
The last trailer I had stolen the thief went by two business by my shop and they had surveillance cameras. Luckily one was close enough to read the tag. I went myself to the address the tag was listed to...Bingo there it was. It is hard to do anything now days with out being recorded.
I will keep an eye out in Tennessee, we don't have to register trailers either.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Damn I hate to hear/see that.. Hope they can find the scum sucker..

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in Kentucky and would love to find it and contact you! Hate a thief!!!:mad:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
we all hate thieves! i hope that you find it and get it back.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Sorry to hear Jeff. Hope you find the thieves and take blow torch to their . . . eye for eye, ya know!

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your comments.

It's great to hear from you, Gary. It' been a while. I was supposed to be in San Antonio last week for a Toyota audit. We cancelled it, just to be safe.

In the overall scheme of things, having a trailer stolen doesn't hardly move the needle. More of an inconvenience (and hopefully not too much of a financial hit after insurance).

75Mike, that was a question everyone here had, too. The code that was used for the keypad was one that an older guy had used. It wasn't very creative combination of numbers. The owner of the storage yard thought that someone may have guessed at it. Detectives from the local police department are involved, so we'll see where this goes. I'm sure they're asking even more detailed questions. I didn't explain in my initial post that they called me because they had recently become aware of another trailer theft. That owner didn't know about theft for about 3 months until he showed up to pick up the trailer sometime last week. And our trailer stood out to them because of the color. (The vehicle on those theft videos appears to be the same one as the one involved with ours.) The owner of the storage unit said one of the detectives believe they may have a lead on the vehicle through a picture someone took when they took a picture of the trailer they were buying and caught part of the truck in the picture.

Crazy stuff.

Jeff

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Roger that.

That's why I was asking if the owner thought maybe it a was an old client or the thief's helper was.

Or a current client that wouldn't raise any flags coming and going.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nothing can't be defeated, but I've been using a hitch lock from Proven Industries on my equipment hauler, and most thieves will look for a softer target in my experience. While that my not bode well for your neighbors, it may save you some headache and expense.

https://www.provenlocks.com/

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
So sorry to hear about this, Jeff! Not much gets me angrier than thieves!

Todd Z.